What bhp can be had?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What bhp can be had?
Hi guys, just a very open question, but without going stupid and costing £££'s what bhp can be acheived from the diesel 306's?
Thanks given by:
Depends what you class as £££'s...

Stage 1 on either HDi or DT is around 125bhp and cheap...

After that costs start mounting up for FMICs and clutches etc.
Thanks given by:
240-250hp before you start running into fairly expensive to overcome issues....XUD anyway...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Depends if u can do the work yourself and you only buy second hand parts. I wouldn't imagine they're particular economical or reliable with that kind of power...
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Built well and with the right parts an xud can be just as reliable and more economical at 170-200bhp compared to standard setup
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2014, 09:26 PM)Piggy Wrote: Built well and with the right parts an xud can be just as reliable and more economical at 170-200bhp compared to standard setup

Exactly this...they can blow headgaskets and rods at standard power... lol
Thanks given by:
150bhp is the realistic limit for low-cost tuning on both engines, unless you're a boss at doing stuff for cheaps. Anything more than that and you start to get issues with torque-holding, pressurising coolant, back-pressure, etc.

The economy doesn't suffer, if anything it'll improve when you're not using the power. Typically people will see a 5-10% increase in economy with a stage 1 map/pump tune if it's done well and they don't change their driving style. Reliability doesn't suffer either if done properly, there's a few simple precautions to avoid popping stuff, but beyond that they're still more reliable than most things.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
721bhp.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge for prime minister.
Poodle Wrote:I reckon Norledge has got it on the head mind.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge gets my vote tbh.
Thanks given by:
200bhp + easy on a 2.1!

Well, when I say easy....Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
£50 will see 125hp on a hdi.
a bit of a tune on a dturbo will see 120hp i believe. add a bosch pump to that for £150 and you can run 135hp and veg.

Then after that with both you need to install an FMIC which is anywhere between £100 to £300.

Then you can start running 150hp on the hdi and probably 160hp on the dturbo.

After that its bigger turbo, custom manifolds, custom maps in the case of the hdi.
Thanks given by:
Ok guys thats great, thanks for the replies. ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
you can quite easily get to 300 in the HDi, but that requires some bottom end work and possibly forged rods

GT2059 will fit, /(preferably the vnt) and give you a rediculous improvement overall compared to standard.

stage1+, intercooler and an exhaust should be around the 400 mark total, will see 140bhp of useable, nice power
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
what car is the gt2059 from?
Thanks given by: