Pads for 406 Brembos

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pads for 406 Brembos
Well, as everybody says, 406 Brembos + 288 disc= squealing unleashed
Thats whatever disc + pad combination? Has anyone tried ceramic pads? They're supposed to make less noise and reduce vibrations according to what i've read.
Thanks given by:
Not sure what ones ozonehostile plus others use but I know they're tarox brake discs mixed in with matching pads. Not much squealing reported then.

Edit:

Just spoke to him he said:

"Using tarox g88 xantia v6 discs and Mintex pads"

Works well as I've seen [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Yep, what rob says, my brembo setup is the quietest ive come across yet, while matt_rallye using standard xantia v6 discs (not g88) and motor factor pads is a whole world of squeal haha

like mine just chirp as you come to a stop sometimes, more when they're cold, and matts is constant
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I bought a pair of 288 Xantia slotted discs from Powerbrakes Brazil, and now I ordered a set of Hawk Ceramic pads, and hope they don´t squeal like hell!! I still have to wait for them to arrive, and maybe in 2 or 3 months i´ll be able to fit the brembos, and wanted to know any experiences about ceramic pads, to maybe get optimistic about the squealing thing.
Not sure about the quality of the discs, but according to what i´ve been told, is the best I can get around here at a decent price.
Thanks given by:
my brembo squeal few times. .. They are a lottery. . .
Thanks given by:
EBC make a universal anti squeal pad which you cut to shape and stick to the backplate of the pad. I've always used Ferodo DS2500 on my Gti-6 and they usually squeal like a pig... not with those pads fitted though.
Thanks given by:
I'm running tarox discs with mintex pads. As ozone says mine will chirp a little when pulling up but nothing major
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fitting challengers on 406 Brembos Teddy 0 998 03-05-2018, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Teddy
  406 brembos Bigcjlad 2 1,418 06-08-2016, 11:35 AM
Last Post: Rippthrough
  Min wheel size for brembos dr_jekyll 31 7,194 20-03-2016, 07:48 PM
Last Post: welshpug