1.8 16v oil filter removal??? . . . .any tips??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.8 16v oil filter removal??? . . . .any tips??
(22-11-2014, 01:21 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Use your hands you pansy...

but when my hands fail, the strap-ons tend to be pretty good..

can't get your hands on these Ginger one, i do on the DTs though,

cheers Tom, do you set the chain before and slip it over or wrap it round and then hook it on? . . . . . . wishing i had smaller arms tbh . . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Ah yeah, southern pansy arms come in handy here.... lol

Being honest, getting the chain on is the hardest part and I can't remember which way I ended up doing it, I think I put it round and then hooked it, it did take a few attempts though.
Thanks given by:
(22-11-2014, 02:28 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Ah yeah, southern pansy arms come in handy here.... lol

Being honest, getting the chain on is the hardest part and I can't remember which way I ended up doing it, I think I put it round and then hooked it, it did take a few attempts though.

i'll just try again tomorrow, really getting up my arse now though, it's just so annoying when access to something so regularly changed is so bad . . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, I'd come over and do it for you if you lived closer tbh. It is frustrating when its something simple if it wasn't for the poor access!

Does your AC work? You could always whip off the AC pump if not.
Thanks given by:
(22-11-2014, 03:01 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Fair enough, I'd come over and do it for you if you lived closer tbh. It is frustrating when its something simple if it wasn't for the poor access!

Does your AC work? You could always whip off the AC pump if not.

yeah aircon works lol, bought it to maybe break but when aircon blew cold i thought i'd save her . . Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Lol, probably less 306s with working AC on the road than there are Rallyes now. lol
Thanks given by:
Long, blunt chisel and hammer.

Or just a screwdriver.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge for prime minister.
Poodle Wrote:I reckon Norledge has got it on the head mind.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge gets my vote tbh.
Thanks given by:
Tom and I service my 1.8 and we have always done it with the chain tool. Not sure why youre having this much of a problem with it as we had it off fairly easily :/
Thanks given by:
(24-11-2014, 09:40 AM)SRowell Wrote: Tom and I service my 1.8 and we have always done it with the chain tool. Not sure why youre having this much of a problem with it as we had it off fairly easily :/

seems like its been on a real long time mate and i don't have particularly skinny arms . . . . thanks for the input lol
Thanks given by:
Sorry! It just really shouldnt be this difficult!
Thanks given by:
(24-11-2014, 10:03 AM)SRowell Wrote: Sorry! It just really shouldnt be this difficult!

haha no shit sherlock . . . . well all i'm getting really is crack on or hire a skinny armed Mo-fo like Tom or Sam to snake their arms in for me . . . . lol
Thanks given by:
I found a pair of slip jaw water pump plyers works the best, the other method is warm the car up then try, sounds weird but works.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Flying the Flag for the XU10J2TE

You Tube: 832 Performance
Thanks given by:
And burn your hand?
Thanks given by:
Should be doing an oil change with the engine warm anyway!!
Thanks given by:
(24-11-2014, 05:18 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Should be doing an oil change with the engine warm anyway!!

can't do that, there's a hole in the filter, hence me needing to change it . . lol
Thanks given by:
Lol that was aimed at Paul really, I've never burnt myself doing a warm oil change.

Not much help in your case though! lol
Thanks given by:
(24-11-2014, 04:35 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: And burn your hand?

Not if your a switched on cookie and have a nice pair of mechanix gloves lmao

In the words of monty python

GET ON WITH IT !!!!!!!!!!

LOL
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
cant believe theres a thread on removing an oil filter, ill see if i can get a a picture of where you put the oil in.
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2014, 09:53 AM)fatlapit Wrote: cant believe theres a thread on removing an oil filter, ill see if i can get a a picture of where you put the oil in.

hey funny man think you're really clever don't you? . . . . . . . PS yeah a picture would be great.

of your Mum!!!! . . . .lol
Thanks given by:
Big Grin Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2014, 09:53 AM)fatlapit Wrote: cant believe theres a thread on removing an oil filter, ill see if i can get a a picture of where you put the oil in.

LMFAO
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
lol haha

here we are one mum

[attachment=20290]
here we are one mum
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2014, 09:18 PM)fatlapit Wrote: lol haha

here we are one mum

here we are one mum

You bassstard!! That's my mum, where did you get that pic? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Christ, she definitely wouldn't be able to get the filter! lol
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2014, 09:36 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Christ, she definitely wouldn't be able to get the filter! lol

You'd love a ride on that Tom come on admit it Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Right laugh all you want, I can't get it off for love nor money, car is a runner but not as is as it pisses oil out the mashed up filter, £150 takes it but will need picking up :/
Thanks given by:
Has tax and test til end of Dec
Thanks given by:
Hmm, transporter costs be too much to here I reckon Sad
Thanks given by:
Keep the car lol did u try a big ass star head and hammer it up throw the filler and slack in it that way that's what I did one day when i couldn't get my hands on the filter . u might have all ready tryed that Dow any way hope this helps
Thanks given by:
Pics??? Of the car!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: