GTi6 De-Cat Pipes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTi6 De-Cat Pipes
This may of totally passed me by but I'm trying to hunt down a brand new de-cat for the Rallye and am really struggling as apparently a load of manufacturers were threatened with prosecution if they kept making them even though they were for "track use only" but I never saw anything about this in the news or on here.

Does anyone know any more about this?

Does anyone know where I can get a stainless de-cat for the Rallye?
Thanks given by:
If you have no luck getting one, trying messaging Andy over FB as he's got the 'homebrew' de-cat I bought off you yonks back from your old white GTi
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2014, 02:42 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: This may of totally passed me by but I'm trying to hunt down a brand new de-cat for the Rallye and am really struggling as apparently a load of manufacturers were threatened with prosecution if they kept making them even though they were for "track use only" but I never saw anything about this in the news or on here.

Does anyone know any more about this?

Does anyone know where I can get a stainless de-cat for the Rallye?

go get a stainless system from one of your local performance exhaust places, they will tailor the sound and performance specifications you require..

i am having a decat linkpipe from the manifold back, £70 all in fitted, 2.25inch start to finish.

full system for the HDi is about 200quid., dont go to longlife (400+), they are f*cking expensive, and extremely shit.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Yeah but sadly going to a stainless place they still use the original flange which isn't stainless and will eventually rot thus negating the reason I wanted stainless in the first place.

Also my local stainless place is some sort of uber super race car space center type place and a tad out of my price range sadly.
Thanks given by:
i got mine from demon tweeks for £95.
Thanks given by:
I have one for sale chris..

Although why anyone would decat a rallye is beyond me! Pulls so much better since i put a cat back on it* Big Grin

*Read: De-cat made it so uber awesome i had to remove it as i simply couldnt control the gaggle of moist women following me home EVERY night.

Bargain at £50 posted Wink
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2014, 03:16 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Yeah but sadly going to a stainless place they still use the original flange which isn't stainless and will eventually rot thus negating the reason I wanted stainless in the first place.

Also my local stainless place is some sort of uber super race car space center type place and a tad out of my price range sadly.

what pikey place are you going to? mine machine a nice stainless flange too...

come down to South wales mate.. ill take you to mine (MAPS performance)
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Get long life to make you one up. The long life near me is spot on and could have it done in a hour if you wanted and all the flanges etc they use are all stainless.
You may want to reconsider though as a decat gives you worse performance on a GTi than having a standard Cat and you run the risk of getting fisted by the long arm of the law (don't know what they are like your way but down here, they do check modified cars for cats and the correct number of boxes!)
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
It's a decat pipe. Why would you want stainless?

Tell you what, I'll make you one out of mild steel and guarantee it won't rust in the time that you own the vehicle.. In fact, given how long you usually own cars, I'll make it from pre rusted steel or baked bean cans to give you a chance to take me up on the offer Tongue
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Old Cat + Broom Handle = Decat.

Done.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge for prime minister.
Poodle Wrote:I reckon Norledge has got it on the head mind.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge gets my vote tbh.
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2014, 10:00 AM)Norledge Wrote: Old Cat + Broom Handle = Decat.

Done.
This obviously
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by: