Falken ZE914 Tyres

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Falken ZE914 Tyres
Anyone had any experience with these tyres?

I need some 195/40s for my alloys but nankang which i mainly use, dont do that size.. And without going into silly money pair corner, these pop up.

On a few websites Toyo Proxies come close to the price of the Falkens but after reading some posts on here and other reviews.. They wear pritty quick.
I dont do any track driving nor do i drive fast/quick round corners on my daily travels.. So Proxies seem outa my style.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Thanks given by:
If you take any corners quickly in the wet I certainly wouldn't recommend T1-Rs. lol

I had those Falkens once, they came used on the airaines I think. Similar levels of dry grip to the Proxes, slightly better wet grip. Can't comment on the wear rate as I didn't like them and went back to something with a bit more sidewall lol.
Thanks given by:
Haha, Thanks Tom, Less sidewall the better for me, Quickly round a corner i just don't do after bad experience's lol
Thanks given by:
I have these on the rallye (a full set) and cant really comment yet but I liked the ZE912s although they did wear realtively quickly but less wear than nankangs.
Thanks given by:
I have these. in 205 45 16.

Seem alright, can vouch for grip. From what you said your a sensible driver so they would be fine.

I've only done a couple thousand miles and they seem to have relatively new tread depth still.
Thanks given by:
Ahh thanks guys.. Think ill go for them then.
Just wasn't sure if they was proper budget style of tyre which would be useless, no matter the condition.
Thanks given by:
They're not budgets but not a premium brand, I would use them if I wasnt already running Mi8cheloin and couldn't get Michelin at a decent price.

toyo = bargepole tbh :p
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Yea i had thought of Michelin.. But with the way i drive, and no track days etc.. i didn't really see a point in looking for them for a price.
Thanks given by:
what has the way you drive to do with it? I use them purely on the road, because they last twice as long as cheap tyres, outperform them in every way, most importantly in braking.

budget tyres and crashing into the cretin that pulls out on you, or premium brands and increase your chances of stopping? Big Grin
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Yea i totally agree with you on that.. and if money had no say.. id choose the best i could get.. but seeing as it does and i need the tyres asap, i have to get the next best thing which is cheaper.. Hence asking if the Falkens where a half decent tyre. (:
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2014, 12:51 PM)welshpug Wrote: They're not budgets but not a premium brand, I would use them if I wasnt already running Mi8cheloin and couldn't get Michelin at a decent price.

toyo = bargepole tbh :p

Which tyre are you running welshpug? Just im on crappy linglongs(?) At the moment so im needing some good tyres
Thanks given by:
A lot of the stance guys run the falkens, by all accounts they're not bad at all
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I had these last year

Done 2 days at combe on them and thought they where miles better than t1r's

In the wet (I'm talking standing water,massive storm) and they where great.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
For the money the 912's and now the 914's take a fair amount to beat, Having used them all inc the 452's but they are for main 17" and above, from a 205 up
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
I've used 912's and the newer 914's on my old Opel and I'm really impressed with them. The 914's get much better scores on the new tyre energy rating system and are quieter with better wet grip too. I run 195 45 15's on this car and the tread didn't roll or peel off during a track day at Mallory park I did last year.
Thanks given by: