help :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help :(
Heart 
I put new oil and antifreeze in my car today and ever since it just dosent sound the same, for example;
If my engine is running when still the fans come on but they sound like they keep cutting out and starting up again. And then earlier I parked up turned my engine off and it almost sounded like the cars engine was still running.. Its weird. Any one know what this is? Xxx
pink
Thanks given by:
So it's your fans running after you turn engine off, that will happen if engine is hot, did the coolant get bled properly? What's the oil reading on dipstick? Who changed it? Not you I'm guessing Wink x
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
No the fans have always done that but not like it is now, it never cut out and then started up over and over again. And when I turned my engine off it was grumbling like grrrrrrrrr as if the engine was still on.. It's really weird, hard to explain.. It sounds like it's going to blow up, I actually locked my car and ran away from it when I got home.. Lol. A friend from work changed it for me because I told them I hadn't done it in ages. I didn't have a clue...obviously lol xx
pink
Thanks given by:
As Matt says, sounds like your fans are knackered and they haven't bled the coolant properly. Tell them they're a pleb for trying to give you head gasket failure.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Film it?
As said check your dipstick make sure there's even enough oil in there
If there's air in the system would the air be getting super hot and messing with the coolant sensor? kicking the fans in and out?
Hot air from the interior fans?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2014, 06:56 AM)lolsteve Wrote: Film it?
As said check your dipstick make sure there's even enough oil in there
If there's air in the system would the air be getting super hot and messing with the coolant sensor? kicking the fans in and out?
Hot air from the interior fans?
Exactly what I was thinking Steve, air then water messing with the sensor kicking the fans in and out, except air doesn't register like coolant x
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Don't all engines make a GRRRRRR sound? lol Seriously though, that's the high speed fan noise! Amazing how much noise a fan can make tbh lol.

As above, you've probably got an air lock in the coolant.
Thanks given by:
Yeah they do make a grrrrrrrrr sound...not when the engine is turned off tho! Lol. I had hardly any oil in it, it's between min and max now. The coolant stuff I just added to the rest she said not to bother mixing it because it already was mixed.. Xx
pink
Thanks given by:
Lol, changed the oil in my sisters car the other day....there was only a litre left in it. lol

How low was the coolant before you added some? Also it should be topped up with the same colour that's already in there really, but the mixing isn't too important, just means the antifreeze will be a bit stronger if you didn't add any water with it.
Thanks given by:
you've probably got an air lock in the coolant.
Thanks given by:
How much oil did you have to put in to get it to the right level?

Have you put in the right grade of oil?

How about a video of the noise?
Thanks given by:
I can't do a video because I don't know how to post it up lol x
pink
Thanks given by:
guess your not in paulsgrove anymore?
Thanks given by:
did the oil and antifreeze go in separate places? How much oil is there?
Thanks given by:
Bleed the system.

Get it up to temperature and tell us when the fans kick in.

Just sounds like a noisey high speed fan.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
No mark, don't live with mum anymore, live in baffins. They usually go off within a couple of minutes of driving, they didn't used to.. I'm scared I'm guna break down whien I'm out..how embarrassing will that be.. Lol x
pink
Thanks given by:
You're gonna fcuk your engine by the sounds, get it sorted asap chick.
Thanks given by:
Ah I was afraid that was going to be the answer Sad I'll get it checked out..thanks Sad x
pink
Thanks given by: