are these bulbs any good

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
are these bulbs any good
Afternoon Fella's

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-OSRAM-NIGH...2584b2d163

these bulbs are they any good and is it the light omitted nice and white?

mine are okay but there a tad yellow now

so looking for an upgrade seen as though winters on the way
Thanks given by:
They are good bulbs... if they are genuine! But they arent exactly white. Normally bulbs will always be yellow or a bit yellow. I have them and they are definitely decent.
Thanks given by:
(14-10-2014, 02:02 PM)SRowell Wrote: They are good bulbs... if they are genuine! But they arent exactly white. Normally bulbs will always be yellow or a bit yellow. I have them and they are definitely decent.

i really would like some pure white ones like what the new audi's & bmw's have think they'd look decent have seen hid's but don't really want to be blinding eveyone
Thanks given by:
The pure white lights are HIDs. Nightbreakers are as good as you'll get for normal bulbs though!
Thanks given by:
(14-10-2014, 03:15 PM)Toms306 Wrote: The pure white lights are HIDs. Nightbreakers are as good as you'll get for normal bulbs though!

HID'S any good with standard ph3 lights?
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2014, 07:14 AM)pugdan95 Wrote:
(14-10-2014, 03:15 PM)Toms306 Wrote: The pure white lights are HIDs. Nightbreakers are as good as you'll get for normal bulbs though!

NO!! Confused

Just have a search about them on here. lol
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2014, 07:14 AM)pugdan95 Wrote:

Yes afaik, the phase 3 lenses are the only ones you can fit hid's to safely Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
No, they aren't!

You need projector lenses (as used in Angel eyes). But you should also have self levellers and headlight washers...

That said, they are feckin epic when factory fitted....it's genuinely like noon in the middle of the night. lol
Thanks given by:
What's phase 1 headlight bulb again? H7? H4?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
H4 in ph1
H7 in ph3
Thanks given by:
Well, I'll put it this way, lots of people have fitted then to crystals with no bad reports, I'll leave it at that lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
heres the bottom line...

You will always be yellow with standard bulbs
To have white, blue, purple or any other audi or bmw style light you need HIDS
BUT for HIDS you need the right headlights including an auto leveling system
306s dont have this system and headlights arent designed for them and blind everyone.

My experience with HIDs is that on any setting apart from the lowest I was blinding people. The blue tinge was annoying looking back on it and I can see just as much with the nightbreakers I now have whilst also not blinding people.

We dont need an arguement about HIDs here. If you want to fit them do it but it will be blinding people and breaking the law. If its not blinding people then you wont be seeing much yourself!

Watch this video - note they fit them in projectors, What HID actually stands for, and how blinding they are in the headlights in the subaru.

Thanks given by:
I had HID's on my 205, that was fun, they kept dying and raping alternators for a past time.

A big pain in the ass for some "white" light imo.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
H7'S it is Tongue
Thanks given by:
I will be looking into LED headlights for dipped this winter....watch this space ninja
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2014, 12:47 PM)Piggy Wrote: I will be looking into LED headlights for dipped this winter....watch this space ninja

are they actually reliable enough to use now? D: I always have to replace any LEDs in the car every year or so!
Thanks given by:
the 308's have LED headlights now..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
I got nightbreakers, they're okay and certainly alot better(safer) than the "xenon" style bulb in there before which are cheapo bulbs painted blue. They're quite yellow but other times I've found myself thinking oh theyre fairly white
H7 Hids are blinding to people as theyre made for a different type of headlight(projector) while most older cars are reflector style so instead of having all that nice hid power being projected at the floor it gets reflected up,down and everywhere blinding people
There is the H7R bulb type for HIDs that have a coating to reduce the dazling effect and alot of the mg owners swear by them for not blinding other road users, I can't personally comment on them although on this forum using HIDs automaticly makes you a bell
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2014, 10:37 AM)Toms306 Wrote: H4 in ph1
H7 in ph3

CAREFUL.

Ph.1s are H4 IF they don't have twin-optics fitted, in which case they are H1 and H7.
Just open your lights to take a look if you have a ph.1.

If the main beams are a separate bulb to your dipped beams you have twin-optics.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Fyi: Twin optic ph1 dont have a h4 in at all!!

Iirc its h1 and h7
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Hmm, in that case, just buy a ph3, much easier. lol
Thanks given by:
(16-10-2014, 12:58 PM)Piggy Wrote: Fyi: Twin optic ph1 dont have a h4 in at all!!

Iirc its h1 and h7
I meant H7, it was a typo.
Corrected now.

If you want white light just buy Osram Nightbreaker cool blue bulbs, and you'll have decent bulbs (albeit with a coating) and it will be white light, and you won't be being a twat.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by: