Xud conversion from petrol

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xud conversion from petrol
I'm looking to swap my ph1 xsi (with s16 engine) to a xud because as a petrol it's a bit expensive to run. I know everyone is going to say just buy one but I've had the car for 4 years now and have grown quite attached to it and it is a clean ph1 and I know it's a good base car.

I know what u need parts wise but wiring what do I need?
Engine loom to the plugs down near the radiator.
Do I need the loom all the way up to the wipers?
Can I just plug a set of clocks in and everything will work?

Im not going to go big power just as a daily so will probably just run a bosch and a t2 if anyone has an engine ;-)
Thanks given by:
James lines aka (jimbo) had rebuild xud lump for sale don't no If he still has it
Thanks given by:
Yeah you want just the engine loom.

Also need to swap the filler neck (or remove the restrictor) and swap pump pick ups inside the tank to xud pickup. Also thus need to remove all the petrol lines and replace with XUD ones (may some carbon canister crap to remove too)

Swap the clocks to ph1 dt clocks. Think you may need to run the speedo cable through though...not sure if the ph1 xsi is cable or sensor run.

Shouldnt have any issues with subframe but I ran into a problem with the gear linkage mount was an inch further back on mine...but I converted a ph3
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
You might need to swap the rad too, depends on your current setup.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
The car did originally have an electronic speedo but when I converted it to a s16 I ran a cable through so got a choice on what way I want to run it. Engine will drop straight in on the standard mounts as it's still an xu engine and also I'm pretty sure linkages will be ok as they look the same as the xud's I've had.
What issues could I come across on the radiator?

So I only need the wiring down to the radiator then??
Thanks given by:
Ok, so I'd go for an electronic speedo, there's less faults with them generally. The mounts and gear linkages will be fine.

The rad may have a different layout on the piping, I don't know what you've got though.

Yeah, just the engine loom should be needed Big Grin
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
You wont find ph1 dturbo clocks that run electronic iirc
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2014, 10:08 PM)Piggy Wrote: You wont find ph1 dturbo clocks that run electronic iirc

There's both types, cable driven is only the really early ones 93-94 Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
My 96 had cable Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2014, 10:47 PM)Piggy Wrote: My 96 had cable Tongue

That's the extent of your phase 1 knowledge then I take it? Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
My 95 ph1 had electric, seems to be random lol
Thanks given by:
Fair enough. I thought all ph1 xuds were cable tbh! Undecided my bad!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: