Hdi not starting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hdi not starting
Hi guys I am supposed to be doing a gearbox on aayes hdi that has sat for a couple of months and gone to start it and won't start it has been sat with the battery off the car so we put it back on and just turns over. We have diesel to the fuel rail but haven't got any power up to the injectors when testing with a volt meter. His brother did press the red cut off switch and since then hasn't started we have tried with the switch in and out and doesn't make a difference so could you guys please help me out...
Thanks given by:
Is the lift pump running when you turn the ign on? Got a power feed to the pump? Is the battery fully charged?

If the answer to those is yes, then you need to get it on diags, or at least get the fault codes. I don't know you'll be able see the injector pulses with a volt meter, need a scope really. Don't try turning it over with any of the injectors unplugged, else you'll risk frying the ecu.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Batteries probably too low...
Thanks given by:
I took the battery off the 205 and that was brand new about 2 months ago, also managed to get a diagnosis on it and didn't come up with any pending codes but came up with throttle position switch in the stored codes.

Yes when I turn on the ignition fuel does squirt out all the way up to the fuel rail. I have took the fuel filter out and had metal fillings in so I guess that's on the way out then. Even though it pumps diesel through would it not start because there's not enough pressure???
Thanks given by:
Got these 2 codes now

[Image: ca487b321f15f3201c628fb87bed637b.jpg]

[Image: 62d20fa7751124ac1787464654fd7867.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Have you disconnected the egr and air doser, as those are codes that can be triggered by doing so..? You could try giving the tps a refresh, although i can't say i've heard of it causing non-starting before.

The HP pump is what generates rail pressure, if there was a problem there it'd be displaying p0230 on the code reader.

I think the most likely cause is going to be the immobiliser if it's not throwing codes. Have you tried re-synchronising the key?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It works locking and unlock by the key it dosnt deadlock though. How do you re sync the key??
Thanks given by:
Ah ok, it's synched then. Tbh i'm not sure it would stop it from starting anyway, but figured it was worth a try for five minutes effort.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Just cut the inertia switch out and join the 2 wires together
Thanks given by:
[Image: 02582e4ddac5032972a95b8dd8b56ba7.jpg]

I take it this is my problem??
Thanks given by:
What's that? The FPR?
Thanks given by:
Yea is it supposed to have a gauze on the end???
Thanks given by:
Right today I have changed the fpr, lift pump, fuel pressure sensor, cut off switch, and the brown fuel pump relay and still nothing. I think either the high pressure pump or ecu is imobilised??

Can anyone shed some light??
Thanks given by:
That fpr is fine, many of them didn't come with the gauze filter on. I still think you've got immobiliser problems tbh, any decent diagnostics kit should tell you whether or not it's allowing the ecu to start the car.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I'm a beginner with these cars but, you have fuel up to the rail and I suppose to the injectors as well??

can a "node" tester be use to tell with the injectors are getting there signal?

there is a crank sensor as well as a cam sensor I believe?? do thses sensors have to output to the ecu for the engine to run?

or, does the ign sw "switch off" when cranking, so no power to the l/pump or elsewhere in the system?? ie the ign sw has a "bad contact" when cranking, as far as the fueling system is concerned its dead when cranking due to bad contact inside the ign sw??

again im a beginner with these cars and dread the day when I put the key in and nout happens!!!!!!!

ps how much is that code reader please?
Thanks given by:
If there's fuel to the rail there will be fuel to the injectors, it's all one flow path.

Um, i'm not sure what a node tester is, i thought it was IT diagnostic software tbh lol.

There are both, yes, and the ecu requires both to be synchronised in order for the engine to start. If they are not it will throw up a cam/crank synchronisation code.

Could be the ignition switch, but if that was the case you'd expect to see the dash lights go dead at the same time, it happens on the 205 occasionally.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: