Is it possible to get rid of the height adjuster on the drivers seat?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to get rid of the height adjuster on the drivers seat?
I'm finding the drivers seat far too high in the estate. Is it possible to get rid of the height adjuster to lower the seat a bit?
Thanks given by:
Even on its lowest setting? Confused. How tall are you lol?
Thanks given by:
I'm used to having low seats, the base of some thing underneath makes the seat quite uncomfortable

Has any one got a seat to hand? Could you measure hole to hole on the subframe mounts on the seat
Thanks given by:
(06-10-2014, 11:48 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Even on its lowest setting? Confused. How tall are you lol?

I'm only 5' 10 and I find the seating position in a 306 a bit high and more like you're sitting on rather than in the car (if that makes sense), so I dread to think how bad it is if you're actually tall!

From what I remember though Paul it doesn't look easy to lower the 306 seats - it's not like 205 ones where you can just remove the tilt mechanism and spacers to drop it down Sad
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Damn
Might have a play down the scrap yard next or stick the goodwood seats in

Wonder if a passenger subframe would fit, they don't have the height adjuster
Thanks given by:
My s16 seats are super comfy, I'm 6' and plenty headroom
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Personal preference I guess, I find the opposite with 306 seats, too low lol, especially trying to get into them, just end up lumping down like some fat old guy. lol I'm 5'11, but mostly leg tbh, which isn't good with the 306 seating postion, but I'd rather the wheel moved further up and in than the seat move though. Don't buy anything newer if you think 306 seats feel like you're on, rather than in, the car. lol
Thanks given by:
The high seats/general high seating position is the worst part of the 306 for me. Im like it proper low lol
Thanks given by:
Same. I just remember my old 1.9 dt seats being much lower than the hdi ones I have now
Thanks given by:
I had a pov spec ph2 without height adjustment, hated it, felt like I was gonna graze my ass on the road. lol
Thanks given by:
Get some phase 1 seats then, I only drive phase 1 but the wife has a phase 2 and now you mention it they are higher Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Might get a base model subframe for the drivers seat

Sorry for the noon question, I know there's difference between 3dr & 5dr subframes.
Is they're any difference between phase 2/3 subframes?
Thanks given by:
I'm 6ft 3 and have to say i find its quite a high seating position. But nothing uncomfortable. I wouldn't say no to having a lower seat too mind.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  seat height question OMEGAxCC 2 1,126 01-05-2018, 08:46 PM
Last Post: OMEGAxCC
  Drivers Seat Keeps Slipping Toms306 14 1,861 29-04-2016, 01:19 PM
Last Post: toseland
  Broken Drivers seat DazzaHDI 3 1,227 20-10-2013, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191