Tom's TDCi Titanium X...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom's TDCi Titanium X...
I hadn't thought about using a brush, been using foam applicators or old microfirbes, even bought a genuine Megs applicator.
Thanks given by:
The genuine Megs applicator pad thing was toss, it started to fall apart on me after about 5 uses. I keep it purely because the pot is handy for using a brush. Big Grin
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Ah now there's an idea for a mess free pot! Big Grin

On an unrelated note, insurance renewal is £471. Can't seem to find cheaper elsewhere so looks like I'll stick with that. Last years was £372 then plus £40 for the remaining 5 months of the remap so I guess it hasn't really gone up much. Really hoped it'd be sub £300 though tbh.
Thanks given by:
It's weird, I'm paying just under £300 but have recently had a quote to change to an a3 TDI and a Volvo V50 2.0D r design... Both were double the premium
Thanks given by:
Tried brentacre Tom?
Ask for greg, say Piggy from 306oc/Piggypower sent you
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
My quote for a 2013 1.0 (125) Titanium Fiesta is half the price lol.

They just pick numbers out of a hat I reckon... lol Seriously though, my Vec was around £300, and my sister paid less for her Corsa than C1. Maybe Vauxhalls are generally a cheaper make to insure?

(05-03-2016, 03:32 PM)Piggy Wrote: Tried brentacre Tom?
Ask for greg, say Piggy from 306oc/Piggypower sent you

Brentacre were unable to cover me, no reason given. I think it's due to my lack of employment though.
Thanks given by:
So, not much has happened with the Focus, it's just plodding on still. Went 6 weeks without a wash, did it on Monday and it was filthy again by Tuesday night! MPG is still rubbish despite doing some decent distances lately.

Missed the 63k milestone this morning, was on auto-pilot as in the 'things everyone does' thread lol.

[Image: IMG_20160415_104504481_zpssebbdb9v.jpg]

Also liked the cars irony this evening... Low washer fluid message popped up in the middle of a monsoon... lol
Thanks given by:
Did you sort the insurance out then ok tom?
Thanks given by:
It was £470, but at least the tax was on £30 so kinda makes up for it. Shouldn't have mapped it in hindsight but can't change that now so just had to pay up. Confused
Thanks given by:
51mpg?
Wow... Undecided

And I am concerned about our old 130k hdi only doing 50mpg
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Corr, my 3 litre 6 cylinder does 47mpg!
Thanks given by:
Yeah it's ridiculous tbh.

I have got stuck in a lot of traffic this week tbf, and had air con on, and got extra stuff in the boot, all of which doesn't help of course. But if it drops into the 40s I'll probably cry... Tongue

Funny thing is, I went on a specific 'MPG raising' trip the other night, stuck the cruise on at 60 and just cruised down the A14 for a while - firstly the MPG didn't raise, I might as well have done 75 on cruise as usual lol. Secondly a lorry broke down on the other side of the carriageway causing a huge tailback so I came back across country on the B roads...that whole trip only brought the MPG up by 1 in the end haha.

It does seem a little hesitant now though, and chucks a good cloud of smoke on startup but shows no faults on diags. That's why I wanted to try some sort of additive to see if it helps. It's also drinking oil though, 4k since the last change and it's drunk nearly a litre, hoping it doesn't drop off the end of the dipstick before June's 6k change as I don't have any spare to top up. Confused
Thanks given by:
as for drinking oil look in the hand book there will be a figure for oil consumption

oil consumption from the XU10J4RS engine manual is
"Average oil consumption per 1000Km (600miles) when engine run in :0.5 litre(s)"

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
A litre every 1200 miles?? I've never had a 306 drink that much. Confused. Will have to check the manual later then. Ive never had this problem before as the diesel from failed regens was topping up more than it burnt. lol
Thanks given by:
That's indicated mpg of course,  I assume you're working it out? These things lie tremendously.

Our dv6 mini does mostly town journeys and consistently does 52 to 55 per tank (only keeping track since this winter),  bearing in mind is like a 40 litre tank from dry. It's very good with dpf regens, they're few and far between.

It gives off the odd puff of smoke,  but last year before I swapped the egr unit the economy dropped, it was hesitant coming off roundabouts and such (low rpm in gear ) and each time it would feel like it coughed and puffed smoke. I recall doing a 3 point turn with a smoke cloud James bond would've been proud of.

The egr was  cleaned out but wasnt really dirty. Swapped it out for a cheap second hand one and the hesitation was totally gone.  Economy recovered as a result. When she was commuting   she was getting more obviously.

Oh and twice I've replaced that stupid orange turbo hose seal. Carry a spare in the garage now!
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(16-04-2016, 08:22 AM)Toms306 Wrote: A litre every 1200 miles??  I've never had a 306 drink that much.  Confused. Will have to check the manual later then.  Ive never had this problem before as the diesel from failed regens was topping up more than it burnt. lol

The PD engine manual says 1 litre per 1000 iirc.

As does the vauxhall 1.6-2.0 16v units iirc.

Designed to burn oil
...amazing.

Still crap mpg tbh...surely something is amiss?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Here's me getting 25mpg from my a4 pd 130 if your worried about 50mpg mines definitely broken!

Thanks given by:
(17-04-2016, 06:04 AM)C2K Wrote: That's indicated mpg of course,  I assume you're working it out? These things lie tremendously.

Our dv6 mini does mostly town journeys and consistently does 52 to 55 per tank (only keeping track since this winter),  bearing in mind is like a 40 litre tank from dry. It's very good with dpf regens, they're few and far between.

It gives off the odd puff of smoke,  but last year before I swapped the egr unit the economy dropped, it was hesitant coming off roundabouts and such (low rpm in gear ) and each time it would feel like it coughed and puffed smoke. I recall doing a 3 point turn with a smoke cloud James bond would've been proud of.

The egr was  cleaned out but wasnt really dirty. Swapped it out for a cheap second hand one and the hesitation was totally gone.  Economy recovered as a result. When she was commuting   she was getting more obviously.

Oh and twice I've replaced that stupid orange turbo hose seal. Carry a spare in the garage now!

Yeah I record it on a spreadsheet every fill lol. The trip computer isn't far out unfortunately!

EGR is no longer an issue, blanked and mapped out, the Ford EGR mapping is awful even when the EGR works, they still can't get it right on the 1.5TDCi.

Can't think of an orange turbo hose so that's probably mini specific lol.

(17-04-2016, 07:14 AM)Piggy Wrote:
(16-04-2016, 08:22 AM)Toms306 Wrote: A litre every 1200 miles??  I've never had a 306 drink that much.  Confused. Will have to check the manual later then.  Ive never had this problem before as the diesel from failed regens was topping up more than it burnt. lol

The PD engine manual says 1 litre per 1000 iirc.

As does the vauxhall 1.6-2.0 16v units iirc.

Designed to burn oil
...amazing.

Still crap mpg tbh...surely something is amiss?

My PD drank ~2 litres in half an hour when the turbo failed... lol

But prior to that didn't need a top up between 12k changes. The Focus is the first car I've had drink so much!

Crap MPG is partly down to where I live now, moved from the arse end of nowhere with at least a half hour drive to anywhere, to the suburbs where almost everything is ~15 mins away. Tesco is only 5 mins! So I do a lot of short cold motorway journeys, or longer town journeys, or twisty single track B road journeys, none of which is good for MPG lol. The overall average dropped by about 5mpg when I moved last summer, and dropped further over winter as you'd expect, but should be coming back up now though. Confused

I'd be better off with a petrol in this location, but couldn't afford any new enough to have decent mpg, power and cheap tax (Fiesta EcoBoost ideally) so will stick with the Focus for now. Of course while the Fiesta's depreciate, as does the Focus, so it's never going to reach the point I need it to haha.
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2016, 08:12 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: Here's me getting 25mpg from my a4 pd 130 if your worried about 50mpg mines definitely broken!

Clearly broken!
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2016, 08:12 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: Here's me getting 25mpg from my a4 pd 130 if your worried about 50mpg mines definitely broken!

Err, yeah that's f*cked! I averaged 60mpg from a 130TDi Golf with a remap, bigger turbo, intercooler, egr delete, decat etc...

Does it smoke like hell as you've probably blown a boost pipe or broken the IC to get mpg like that, even doing takeaway runs that's not right!
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2016, 08:29 AM)JJ0063 Wrote:

Clearly broken!

must be lol

(17-04-2016, 08:35 AM)Toms306 Wrote:

Err, yeah that's f*cked! I averaged 60mpg from a 130TDi Golf with a remap, bigger turbo, intercooler, egr delete, decat etc...

Does it smoke like hell as you've probably blown a boost pipe or broken the IC to get mpg like that, even doing takeaway runs that's not right!

No smoke what so ever not even a wif of smoke, its ok on a run done 52mpg yesterday on way to Skegness and doing 45mpg around skeggy, but when around Chesterfield just seems shocking no ecu fault codes apart from engine mount sensor. Only thing I can put it down to is it being such a big heavy car and all stop start around town.

Thanks given by:
Engine mount sensor? Confused

Should do more than 52mpg on a run tbh, are you using bio in it?
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2016, 07:29 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Engine mount sensor? Confused

Should do more than 52mpg on a run tbh, are you using bio in it?

Yer its on 80% bio im gonna give it a full tank of derv when im back home see if mpgs raise but I can't see the difference being that dramatic.

Thanks given by:
Ah, ok, be interested to know much more you get on diesel when you try it, doubt it'll be enough to outweigh the cheaper price though.
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2016, 07:32 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Ah, ok, be interested to know much more you get on diesel when you try it, doubt it'll be enough to outweigh the cheaper price though.

I'll update you when I do it, gonna try cetane booster in bio also, but after talking to people with same engines on veg fourm its common to get low 30's around town.

Thanks given by:
Ive been thrashing my megane (enjoyed destroying a dervtech mapped / modifed fabia at a cruise last night lmao )

Still getting 38mpg. Compared too the 18mpg average i got in my rallye its like a god send Big Grin
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Lol, I couldn't imagine owning a 38mpg daily! lol
Thanks given by:
As usual, my V50 which is currently doing 99% back road driving is averaging 46.9mpg... And that's me driving it...

Should have got the 2.0l Tom!

Although I'll definitely say that the 2.0 is incredible on fuel anything UNDER 70 (read 55+mpg..), soon as you go for 75mph, you'll drop to late 40s instantly.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2016, 12:03 PM)Ruan Wrote: Should have got the 2.0l Tom!

I couldn't agree more!! Been wishing I'd got the 2.0 from about a week after buying it lol. lol
Thanks given by:
so 2 years on why do you still have it ? Tongue
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by: