Tom's TDCi Titanium X...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom's TDCi Titanium X...
My screen does yeah, the replacement didn't.
Thanks given by:
Purple screen then Wink well, lilac.
Thanks given by:
It doesn't look in any way purple lol!?

Looks just as green as the side windows and everyone elses windscreen in the car park when the morning dew brings out the colour. Confused
Thanks given by:
New screen...yay...

Is pilkington which is OE for these as well so quality is identical. Smile. Currently got a rain sensor comms fault but I'm hoping that'll reset when it gets used as it won't clear through Forscan. Also got the usual FACM over voltage code and the pas missing speed signal code...standard... I'm betting a week before the new screen gets a chip... Rolleyes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Lights and wipers stuck on default...guess that comms fault isn't just a reset... Fml, knew this would happen, why do i listen to other people! Dodgy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
What do you mean? Who have you listened to that you shouldn't have?
Thanks given by:
People on here and the ford forum telling me it would be fine. I said the glass would be wrong and it was. I said there'd be fitter error and there is. Had mirror trim off and there's no loose connections so looks like sensor has been broken which I'll have to get them back out for next week. More unnecessary hassle that I could do without tbh. I had a small crack that was confirmed as not illegal or mot fail, I've now paid £75 for 2 days of panic and chronic shits and I'm still left with a fault that wasn't there before.

I should've just left it, cars going in Feb anyway. Rolleyes

So I'll just wait for the rain now as I won't be surprised to find a puddle inside to cap it off.
Thanks given by:
Tom it's a new windscreen, look at the bigger picture.. It's not the end of the world!
Thanks given by:
where is the car going in feb tom?
Thanks given by:
Oh yeah its everyone elses fault something got broken......
Just phone them up and get them back. its really no big deal.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Firstly, no, its my fault for going ahead with it despite knowing things would go wrong.

Secondly, I can't use phones, yes I know how ridiculous that is.
Thanks given by:
Tom, things in life happen sometimes.. Not just to you. If there's an issue with the wipers you have a lifetime warranty to get it resolved. Stop being so woe is me.
Thanks given by:
It's not sometimes though, every time something can go wrong it does and I always see it coming, think I'll change my name to Frank Spencer tbh.
Thanks given by:
Tom, are you looking at selling this?

If so please PM me. Thanks.
Thanks given by:
Tom man, have a chilli will you! Tongue See if there is a fix for it, and sort it out.
Sometimes lads, I think tom just needs a good takeaway. possibly a Chinese.
Thanks given by:
I've emailed them so I guess they'll come and fix it - adding at least another day of panic and shits, ideal... Dodgy Would rather sort it myself but not totally sure what the issue is.

Looks like the gel pack has been fitted upside down/misaligned (compared to other Focii on Ford forum) meaning the sensor is blocked. However if that was the case I would think it would 'sense' that its permanently dark and hammering down with rain so keep wipers on 'mental' setting. BUT that's not the case, it's stuck on default (steady intermittent wipers) as if the GEM isn't picking up a sensor signal at all, backed up by the comms fault on FORScan.
Thanks given by:
So I emailed AG specifically asking them to email me a time...of course they couldn't manage that so left a voicemail on the mobile. Rolleyes

It turns out they can't come on Monday or Tuesday when I'm free, closest appointment is Weds afternoon when I've got a prior app't. Am also busy Thu and Fri so would rather sort this myself if possible. Almost certain the gel pack has been fitted upside down now. Is it as simple as unclipping the sensor, pulling the gel pack off, turning the other way up and refitting? Or are they single use or need any sort of adhesive or anything?
Thanks given by:
They can't be fitted upside down IIRC.

In fact take a pic of the sensor from the outside for me.

Does the moisture sensor work if you spray water on the screen?
Thanks given by:
No the sensor isn't sending signals for either lights or wipers, which makes me think its a dead sensor or damaged wiring. However...

My phone won't connect to the pc for pics lol. But the little cutout/bump on mine is at the top and everyone elses on the ford forum is at the bottom.

Not my image but note how the sensor has lumps top and bottom but the gel pack only has one lump.

[Image: 20140608_113934_zpsfb67e61e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The centre is the light sensor, the outer part is the moisture sensor.

I wouldn't recommend touching it as you may void your warranty. Let them come and fix it themselves.
Thanks given by:
When you checked the sensor wiring, did you unplug it and plug it back in again?

I would strongly advise you doing anything to it yourself as you're just going to risk losing your warranty
Thanks given by:
Warranty is probably already gone anyway... The tech ticked the boxes to say he'd checked that wipers and sensors worked, I took his word for it instead of checking myself while he was still there...what's to say it didn't break after he left?

No I didn't unplug it, just tried pushing it together but it was already in there solidly.

They're booked for Wednesday afternoon, stupid 5 hour time slot again, if they come at the beginning of slot I should still be able to make the other appointment. If not I'll have to chose which one to miss, could be interesting. Confused lol
Thanks given by:
Cool, they'll sort it Smile

Stop making a huge deal out of everything in life Smile
Thanks given by:
Doubt it, they'll probably break something else lol.

Plus it is a big deal... It's caused days of unnecessary and totally avoidable hassle and stress simply because people can't do their job properly. I've had more than enough of that with the DWP lately!
Thanks given by:
It's not always people can't do their job properly Tom, mistakes happen - human error does happen sometimes.

It's easy for you to say, I'm sure when you work you'll make the odd mistake. Do you think anyone intends on causing issues?
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2016, 08:13 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: It's not always people can't do their job properly Tom, mistakes happen - human error does happen sometimes.

It's easy for you to say, I'm sure when you work you'll make the odd mistake. Do you think anyone intends on causing issues?

Exactly this. I don't think anyone can say they haven't made a mistake!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Human error happens all the time though, people don't concentrate these days, too busy thinking about other things in their own oblivious world, just have to look around while driving/shopping to see that! I don't think people intend to cause issues at all, or at least I'd hope they don't, a lot of the time they just don't think about things though, particularly if it's not the standard box ticking exercise in some cases, or they're more interested in rushing a job to finish quickly and get down the pub than doing a decent job and taking pride in it.

I make stupid mistakes all the time, often through getting 'flustered' from being watched so I make a point of not watching other people do their job, not that it seems to help them... I fully appreciate when I f*ck up, people will lose trust and not ask me to do anything else (don't forget I do 'work', just not a 'proper' job). I was terrible at my till tart job back in the day, managed to make some colossal fails including selling alcohol to underage kids, accepting a fake £50 note and giving far too much change, as well being 'rude' to more than one ignorant customer. But I recognise I was shit at it and the reasons why, I left and would never do till work again, it's not fair on the employer or the customer!!
Thanks given by:
TLDR but there you go, mistakes happen - human error not 'people can't do their job properly'

Doing odd jobs for family etc is the whole other end of the spectrum to having a job/working, but let's not go into that.
Thanks given by:
human error does happen (have drilled a pipe & a cable in my job), the thing is to find and do the right response afterwards. let them come & do the job again.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
tom next time, get a kettle, tea, coffee and some biscuits and offer the lad a brew.
Thanks given by: