Whos is the bagged moonstone blue 306 at UUJ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whos is the bagged moonstone blue 306 at UUJ?
Would love to see pictures of the engineering in the back axle!

Car looks great!
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/user-730.html

this guy theres a project thread on here but no photos on it yet.. love to see the engineering myself

build thread http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-15512.html
Thanks given by:
(25-09-2014, 10:39 PM)eskimogod Wrote: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/user-730.html

this guy theres a project thread on here but no photos on it yet.. love to see the engineering myself

build thread http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-15512.html

I was behind it on my way into uni. You can just see the rear bags poking out under the rear bumper. Ill have to sneak a peak in the car park next time lol. Its very low when driving as well (Y)
Thanks given by:
(25-09-2014, 10:42 PM)Ollie Wrote: I was behind it on my way into uni. You can just see the rear bags poking out under the rear bumper. Ill have to sneak a peak in the car park next time lol. Its very low when driving as well (Y)

was gonna suggest taking a peek under but then thought just gonna be too low lol
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Is it me...or does that look proper bodged in!? Confused

Can see why the owner has been reluctant to show us pics!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
hmm it does a bit.. the one bag on one side is what does it for me if it was central it wouldn't be as bad just cant see that doing anything for handling
Thanks given by:
Doesnt look anywhere near as well done as owens one (that hes selling the air ride off)
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2014, 12:49 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Doesnt look anywhere near as well done as owens one (that hes selling the air ride off)

Owen is on hydro and probably rides worse than cut torsion bars and no springs.

(07-11-2014, 11:34 PM)eskimogod Wrote: hmm it does a bit.. the one bag on one side is what does it for me if it was central it wouldn't be as bad just cant see that doing anything for handling

Other bag is his behind the exhaust.

Nothing wrong with the install! Don't see how else it could have been done, looks strong and does the job. What else would you want?
Thanks given by:
is it just glued to the rubber mounts?!

Nice soft air bag right next to the exhaust...brilliant!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
welcome to botchville.. where looks trump safety and performance

i point you in the direction of an interfooler!!!
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Jealousy is a terrible thing.
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2014, 01:44 PM)Ollie Wrote: Jealousy is a terrible thing.

Thanks for that. Just spotted this thread havemt been on for a while.

Piggy is clearly throwing his opinions around on subjucts he has no clue about as always. Cheers for that mate.

The only reason it doesnt looks amazing is because i have been busy at uni and didnt get round to painting them and fitting the end caps.

But still, first person to tackle fitting it myself and it works perfectly so dont think we are doing too bad.

(07-11-2014, 11:28 PM)Piggy Wrote: Is it me...or does that look proper bodged in!? Confused

No mate i just dont go to all that effort to say here you go, copy my design please lol
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I don't see what the issue is here? It looks fairly solid/secure to me... Confused
Thanks given by:
Ive done thousands of miles on it and gave it abuse and its perfect still. I would understand if someone was talking from experience when the criticize...

Dat fitment tho...

[attachment=19975]
Thanks given by:
Where did the pic go?!

I just cant see how its attached to the rear mounts!? Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah where did the pic go?

Looks fishy if its been removed to hide the quality of the workmanship. Obviously if there is an innocent reason I'll retract that statement.

Gotta say it looked like some fairly substantial metal work on the rear trailing arms from what I saw.
Thanks given by:
The pic was took down by ollie as he didnt wanna stir anymore shit lol.

How would it be fishy dum dum? I have nothing to hide, its my car! I put it in and it works and im proud of it. Dis it if you want but until you research how air is fitted to a torsion bar beam then best not pass judgement

Very typical, do something different and get hate
Thanks given by:
More like;

Do something different, get questioned over it, cant hack it so send people hate messages via the pm system????!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I don't think Dum was hating...
Thanks given by:
Neither was I!

See my approval of the car in the official project thread!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2014, 11:28 PM)Piggy Wrote: Is it me...or does that look proper bodged in!? Confused

This is a bit unfair
Thanks given by:
not my thing air bag systems, but fare play on doing it to your car, as I can see it been a bit of a project to mount the system.
Doesn't matter how its installed as long as it works that's the main thing.
Thanks given by:
It is brilliant that it works and kudos for pioneering it on this car. (echoing my sentiments on the project thread for this car which while not being my style looks awesome!)
But rather than just keep it to yourself and be offended if peeps question the fitment...
Why not show and tell how its fitted!? Show us and tell us how wrong we are?!

And surely that its SAFE is the main thing...not just that it works!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I think opinions are fair its a forum after all, you just have to give me the benefit of the doubt, I didnt just lash it in disregardig all safety. And as for not telling exactly how its done well maybe I just didnt wanna share and exact how-to.
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2014, 06:55 PM)Piggy Wrote: It is brilliant that it works and kudos for pioneering it on this car. (echoing my sentiments on the project thread for this car which while not being my style looks awesome!)
But rather than just keep it to yourself and be offended if peeps question the fitment...
Why not show and tell how its fitted!? Show us and tell us how wrong we are?!

And surely that its SAFE is the main thing...not just that it works!?

If I'd put that much work into something that not many people had done yet... I'd keep it to myself too Speechless
Thanks given by:
When I saw the pic it looked like it was using one airbag? I don't know anything about air ride but the pic made it look a bit confusing?
Thanks given by:
Why!?
I never understand that policy!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Just to confirm is two bags lol. And I didnt even start this thread nor post the pic so we will leave it at that. I didnt want to have to explain myself.
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2014, 07:24 PM)Piggy Wrote: Why!?
I never understand that policy!?

Because that'd make it easy for everybody else to do it..
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  whos good with job contracts bashbarnard 4 1,316 13-12-2016, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Silky
  Whos from/near Surrey (KT15) silverzx 0 799 12-06-2015, 03:44 PM
Last Post: silverzx
  Whos is this then on eBay? MY95 4 1,358 09-03-2015, 11:32 AM
Last Post: puglove