police

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
police
I am surprised he got fined, as my dad only got a warning that was it. anyway no one is perfect, after all it keeps everyone on their metal. About seat belts, as my dad can be still not bother at times!
Thanks given by:
Been warned one or twice for no belts, admittedly it's a bad habit of mine in the van... Should know better aswell seeing as one probably saved my life when I rolled my first car.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
I have to say I'm guilty of forgetting now and then. I'm a multi drop delivery driver and constantly am moving just a few feet to do my next delivery. Get in the van to do a long drive and realise I haven't belted up. Doing my best to remember now! Damn habit
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(21-09-2014, 08:02 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(21-09-2014, 07:59 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(21-09-2014, 07:47 PM)DazzaHDI Wrote: Ive gone past many a copper without my belt on and most the time they don't even look, ive only ever had one pull on there belt asif to say put it on. So unlucky with your ticket

Because you want to test the strength of your face vs steering wheel!!?! Confused

But airbag cuddles are nice and warm.

I don't even have airbags Tongue
It's because my seat is broke and it's stuck in the furthest position away from everything it can be, so when I have my belt I feel abit restricted :/
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
Yes pressed plates are on with French badge and not a single mention he even double took the plate on rear as the height he was looking at them he couldn't make out 1 of the letters he put an o instead of a u and corrected it
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2014, 09:36 PM)Piggy Wrote: I dont see how forgetting your seatbelt is an accident either!?

Its not like you dont wear one before you learn to drive!!?

Have you never forgotten your phone, watch or wallet because you're late or worried or something? The things you take with you every single day...

I forget which gear is where or which pedal does what half the time! lol Maybe that's just me though, early onset Alzheimer's haha.

(22-09-2014, 07:49 AM)DazzaHDI Wrote: I don't even have airbags Tongue
It's because my seat is broke and it's stuck in the furthest position away from everything it can be, so when I have my belt I feel abit restricted :/

Excellent answer! lmao

Your seat frame will completely collapse in an accident so belts and 'bags are futile tbh. lol

(22-09-2014, 08:00 AM)thebluepearl Wrote: Yes pressed plates are on with French badge and not a single mention he even double took the plate on rear as the height he was looking at them he couldn't make out 1 of the letters he put an o instead of a u and corrected it

lol

Now if you had got a fine for that, fair game haha. Pressed plates are now legal, as the laws changed to say 'retroflective material' rather than plastic construction....but not in the wrong font and with a foreign badge lol.
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2014, 07:50 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(21-09-2014, 07:35 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: From what I read 3 points will be on seatbelt, tailgating, inconsiderate driving (pushing Infront, not looking when pulling out of junctions etc) as well as a fine soon.
Yeah I heard it was coming for seat belts.
As for tailgating and inconsiderate driving they'll need to create some new offences before they start giving people fines and points for it lol.

Maybe it's just. £100 fine for tailgating Etc. It doesn't give a table of expected outcomes but here's the article: http://www.perrys.co.uk/car-news/news/ca...ant-fines/

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
May sound silly but I would rather have a window smashed by the cops and replace it for free myself than have a fine,points, a marker on the car and a huge insurance premium hike!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
So hold on let me get this straight..

Piggy had the windows done in by the bomb squad?? lol

Unlucky about the ticket fella, i keep getting fines for 'non standard exhaust system'

Herefordshire traffic cops are absolute bellends though. they are legendary for it!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Yep...but it's ok, he didn't get a fine or points...he just wasted a lot of police time instead when they could've been out catching these terrible seatbelt forgetters! lol

How many exhaust fines have you got? Surely it's not worth the hassle, might as well just refit the standard exhaust lol!
Thanks given by:
I do love the cops round here...non existent and if they are they are just local bobbies dealing with little local issues. I might see one cop a month in this area!
Hereford cops were/are muppets.

My defence to the wasting of the bomb squads time was that if they properly trained, IE with common sense, they would know what liquids are and look like. Dumbasses. If it smells like veg oil, looks like veg oil, has the viscosity of veg oil, has a lable saying veg oil....then its probably veg oil. They did highlight I hadnt broken any laws mind...so Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2014, 03:57 PM)Piggy Wrote: I do love the cops round here...non existent and if they are they are just local bobbies dealing with little local issues. I might see one cop a month in this area!
Hereford cops were/are muppets.

My defence to the wasting of the bomb squads time was that if they properly trained, IE with common sense, they would know what liquids are and look like. Dumbasses. If it smells like veg oil, looks like veg oil, has the viscosity of veg oil, has a lable saying veg oil....then its probably veg oil. They did highlight I hadnt broken any laws mind...so Tongue

"Muppets" is being quite polite there Wink

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
I have had chats with a few traffic and beat cops in Hereford, I did get pulled a few times for "random checks", all fine. But they always pick on you for no reason....

Like I owned a FTO Mivec for a while....I got pulled so many times, because how dare I own one when I am young... "you're too young to own and insure that mate, take a seat in the back of my patrol car"....20min wasted later and I am on my way again!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Same when I had my xr3i 10 years ago, always stopped for random checks the amount of producer receipts I've got is unreal off the top of my head 30-40 they couldn't get their heads around the fact it wasn't stolen and everything was legal including my raspy STANDARD bosal exhaust system but hey that was when there was lots of policemen who had plenty of time to waste including mine
Thanks given by:
I don't understand why so many young people get stopped for being young in 'nice' cars. I'm the most shifty looking guy ever, mostly driven 'nice' cars, and usually modded/smoky and so far haven't been stopped once. I'm dreading getting stopped though, and it will happen one day, I just know I'll panic and end up confessing to a murder or something, and no doubt it'll be when 'I'm only speeding cos I need a poo'. lol As you've just proved, you don't have to be breaking the law to get stopped, which is what I don't really agree with tbf.
Thanks given by:
I've been stopped three times all when I had my highly modified fabia vrs. Never been stopped in my standard cars. Strange that. Wasn't driving any different...
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2014, 03:57 PM)Piggy Wrote: My defence to the wasting of the bomb squads time was that if they properly trained, IE with common sense, they would know what liquids are and look like. Dumbasses. If it smells like veg oil, looks like veg oil, has the viscosity of veg oil, has a lable saying veg oil....then its probably veg oil. They did highlight I hadnt broken any laws mind...so Tongue

Lesson 1 in dealing with suspicious liquids - don't f*cking sniff or inhale the damn stuff.

Lesson 2 in dealing with suspicious liquids - don't believe the label.

Also they were never going to find it looked/smelled/tasted/behaved like veg oil till they had broken the window
Thanks given by:
At the end of the day police are there to do a job. Asuch as we moan about them they arent that bad. I had a friend who lived in south africa and got out of serious trouble with two kfcs!!
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2014, 05:38 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(22-09-2014, 03:57 PM)Piggy Wrote: My defence to the wasting of the bomb squads time was that if they properly trained, IE with common sense, they would know what liquids are and look like. Dumbasses. If it smells like veg oil, looks like veg oil, has the viscosity of veg oil, has a lable saying veg oil....then its probably veg oil. They did highlight I hadnt broken any laws mind...so Tongue

Lesson 1 in dealing with suspicious liquids - don't f*cking sniff or inhale the damn stuff.

Lesson 2 in dealing with suspicious liquids - don't believe the label.

Also they were never going to find it looked/smelled/tasted/behaved like veg oil till they had broken the window

So how do they tell what is a naughty liquid and what is a good liquid??

Considering that a 1 litre bottle of a certain liquid could flatten 1/4 square mile.

So should we not leave ANY liquids in sight now if we park in london.

Boot and one rear door wasnt even locked......major fail on my part there....C/L gone dicky and not fixed it!

And why the sodding drivers window...not the rear quarter window or rear passenger?? If they honestly thought it was a bomb, they would have blown it to bits under a controlled explosion. So it clearly wasnt that serious...common sense would have gone a LONG way!!!!

Including them finding a loyalty card, and trying to contact me via that (which was my home number!!!??? - because I would park in London and still be at home in the Cotswolds - which they knew is where it was registered to), rather than maybe ringing my mobile which was on about 100 business cards in the doorcards/center console/glovebox with my name on!? Or ring insurance database, find insurer, get number, ring me.

I'm not delcaring all innocence...but an ounce of common sense would have saved SO much trouble.
I did apologise and still feel bad for wasting police time, it does annoy me that I did that.

aaaaanyway...back on topic.

Get in your car. Leave your phone alone and put ya seatbelt on. You're driving a killing machine.....would you walk around holding a gun up pointing in random places through a town with the safety off and texting at the same time??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I got done last night for driving without due care and attention... Over took a corsa doing 40mph in a national speed limit, got to pay to do the awareness course.
Guttering but hold my hands up to it!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2014, 07:32 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: I got done last night for driving without due care and attention... Over took a corsa doing 40mph in a national speed limit, got to pay to do the awareness course.

What was their explanation though? If the corsa was doing 40 in a 60 your fine to overtake as long as nothing is coming the other way?
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2014, 05:58 PM)Piggy Wrote: So how do they tell what is a naughty liquid and what is a good liquid??
Easy, take a sample and analyse it. There are analysers that identify stuff in minutes

Considering that a 1 litre bottle of a certain liquid could flatten 1/4 square mile.
Yes but the likely hood of that sort of stuff being procured or made by terrorists is lower than something easy to get hold of that wont arouse suspicion (anarchists cook book, home made napalm)

Potentially no, especially not near locations of significance, also don't leave large quantities of nails, screws, ball bearings, gas canisters etc on your back seat either.

Boot and one rear door wasnt even locked......major fail on my part there....C/L gone dicky and not fixed it!
To the suspicious mind a trap to get stupid police officers to open the door and trip the device

And why the sodding drivers window...not the rear quarter window or rear passenger?? If they honestly thought it was a bomb, they would have blown it to bits under a controlled explosion. So it clearly wasnt that serious...common sense would have gone a LONG way!!!!
Drivers door window would be my choice as its the least likely to of been booby trapped by the person who left what your assuming to be a car bomb there as they'd normally leave the car by that door.

Including them finding a loyalty card, and trying to contact me via that (which was my home number!!!??? - because I would park in London and still be at home in the Cotswolds - which they knew is where it was registered to), rather than maybe ringing my mobile which was on about 100 business cards in the doorcards/center console/glovebox with my name on!? Or ring insurance database, find insurer, get number, ring me.
a)someone else may be at home, they might not know where the area code was from, you may have your home phone diverting to your mobile?
b) the business cards could be a deliberate trap, mobile phones are very very easy to wire into detonators.
c) would be a FIOA request to get your phone number from the insurance companies and that takes time and needs a fax machine if the insurance company is even open at the time.

I'm not delcaring all innocence...but an ounce of common sense would have saved SO much trouble.
I did apologise and still feel bad for wasting police time, it does annoy me that I did that.
The thing is if your the officers there and you genuinely believe it to be a bomb then after clearing people away from it your first worry is how and when is this thing detonated and what you can do to make sure it doesn't go off with you standing anywhere near it especially when you bear in mind that many terrorist groups consider the military, and emergency services to be more legitimate targets than "innocent" members of the public.

Back on topic?
Here?
Are you mad?
Thanks given by:
Overtaking is legal. Doing 40 in a 60 is legal.

Which part was lacking care or attention? Confused
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2014, 07:43 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(22-09-2014, 05:58 PM)Piggy Wrote: So how do they tell what is a naughty liquid and what is a good liquid??
Easy, take a sample and analyse it. There are analysers that identify stuff in minutes

Yes but the likely hood of that sort of stuff being procured or made by terrorists is lower than something easy to get hold of that wont arouse suspicion (anarchists cook book, home made napalm)

Potentially no, especially not near locations of significance, also don't leave large quantities of nails, screws, ball bearings, gas canisters etc on your back seat either.

To the suspicious mind a trap to get stupid police officers to open the door and trip the device

Drivers door window would be my choice as its the least likely to of been booby trapped by the person who left what your assuming to be a car bomb there as they'd normally leave the car by that door.

a)someone else may be at home, they might not know where the area code was from, you may have your home phone diverting to your mobile?
b) the business cards could be a deliberate trap, mobile phones are very very easy to wire into detonators.
c) would be a FIOA request to get your phone number from the insurance companies and that takes time and needs a fax machine if the insurance company is even open at the time.

The thing is if your the officers there and you genuinely believe it to be a bomb then after clearing people away from it your first worry is how and when is this thing detonated and what you can do to make sure it doesn't go off with you standing anywhere near it especially when you bear in mind that many terrorist groups consider the military, and emergency services to be more legitimate targets than "innocent" members of the public.

Back on topic?
Here?
Are you mad?

Fair play chris..

Common sense eh piggy? :p
Thanks given by:
Yeah common sense you power hungry on a power trip excited to show off your explosives bomb disposal "expert"!

If they assumed all those were traps...then they should have blown the car. Breaking the window creates a MASSIVE pressure change inside....STUPIDEST idea EVER if you suspect explosives or a trap!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2014, 07:44 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Overtaking is legal. Doing 40 in a 60 is legal.

Which part was lacking care or attention? Confused

It was between 2 ballads and the car on coming was a unmarked copper...
But it was with plenty of distance.

(22-09-2014, 07:42 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote:
(22-09-2014, 07:32 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: I got done last night for driving without due care and attention... Over took a corsa doing 40mph in a national speed limit, got to pay to do the awareness course.

What was their explanation though? If the corsa was doing 40 in a 60 your fine to overtake as long as nothing is coming the other way?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Between 2 ballads? Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Between Belinda Carlisle and Bonnie Tyler I'm guessing....must've been a damn long overtake! Confused
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2014, 08:22 PM)Piggy Wrote: Yeah common sense you power hungry on a power trip excited to show off your explosives bomb disposal "expert"!

If they assumed all those were traps...then they should have blown the car. Breaking the window creates a MASSIVE pressure change inside....STUPIDEST idea EVER if you suspect explosives or a trap!!

So, lets say all that liquid was an explosive. It could well be diffused by the proper methods but instead you want to explode it?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
i must say, there are quite a few numerous explosives that look, potentially smell, and have the consistency of veg oil...

i am with dumdum on this one, if someone parked a car full of an ominsous liquid on my street if i lived in london, i would be asking questions too
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Motorway police... rtha6551 52 14,058 04-01-2014, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Matt
Thumbs Up PROOF THE POLICE ONLY USE THE BEST CARS joelww 16 4,447 26-10-2013, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Pompey306mark
  Police interceptors.. Pete 31 12,912 29-09-2013, 02:45 PM
Last Post: welshpete