Scottish Referendum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Referendum
So what are we thinking?

Personally I believe we are better as one. It's going to cause nothing but problems for the rest of the remaining in the short fall of Scotland leaving the UK. Also I struggle to see how Scotland will survive single handedly without the rest of the UK.

So, what do we reckon?
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Whatever happens it's going to be a fairly divided country afterwards.
Thanks given by:
Keep china british!
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Hell knows why it's even become an option, this is what happens when groups like the snp get into power. I don't how they've managed to sell it to half the public, going to harm both countries if it goes ahead. It says everything that they've spent the last year dragging the yes campaign through every school assembly hall north of the border, then made a special exception to allow 16-17 year olds the vote. Rolleyes
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I can haz cheezeburger now?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
16-17 year olds shouldn't be allowed to vote, they don't understand enough to make a proper judgement. Hell even now I don't know enough lol

Heard on the radio I think it was the SNP leader or something say "it's time for the Scottish people to stop being the most scared people on earth" I just lol'd , Scottish people are not scared they'll punch a man in the face for looking at them funny

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Half of them are scared of voting NO because of the nazi style tactics of the YES campaign.

I honestly couldnt give a flying monkeys about them. Ive only been to scotland once and it was a shithole full of people that i couldnt understand...
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Firstly I'm f*cked off that I don't get a vote as I'm Scottish but live in England. There are more Scotts outside of Scotland than there is in Scotland.

(17-09-2014, 11:53 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Half of them are scared of voting NO because of the nazi style tactics of the YES campaign.
Not sure I'd say nazi style but the Yes campaign is properly nasty. People are frightened to admit they are going to vote No. Celebrities who have said they are against it have received death threats in the post, peoples cars with Better Together stickers have been repeatedly vandalised, No signs everywhere are getting vandalised and people are genuinely scared of admitting being no voters for fear of being physically assaulted.

I'm f*cked off with it all as only british/EU citizens can do my job and if Scotland is independant I wont be either of those so could loose my job. Its unlikely but I can see a yes vote being a serious headache.

I think the scariest statistics I've seen are:
- Scotland won't get away without taking their share of the UK national debt which is currently about 75% of UK GDP but as Scotland makes less money their fair share would be over 100% of their GDP.

- The amount that has been quoted by the yes campaign to complete all the actions to make them independant had been quoted at something like £300 Million but this is wildly underestimated, the common thought is that it could be at least ten times that but I reckon 100 times that ammount
Thanks given by:
Lol i've missed that, do share!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I think we are better together. Who ever let Alex Salmond or Shrek or what ever the prats name is get any where near this point needs shooting.
Did find it funny how he thought though that they can leave and keep the BRITISH pound because apparently it's their right. Only reason they want to keep it is because if they go Independent without it their economy will be as low as a pensioners tits.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Some friends of mine live in scotland at the moment, Apparently If you have a NO sign on your house / car / garden you run the risk of having your windows put through etc.
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2014, 12:05 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Some friends of mine live in scotland at the moment, Apparently If you have a NO sign on your house / car / garden you run the risk of having your windows put through etc.

Sounds like the uneducated approach to things. It's all very well and good wanting independence why can't they see it's a very different deal managing independence.

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Oh and just to add I know alot of people up there and spoke to alot more while I was up there last week and nobody was going to vote yes
Thanks given by:
Its out of my control so im impartal tbh. If the nation want to leave they should have the right to do so. I dont know about other people but I class myself as english and not british. I dont see how english people going up there saying dont go is going to gelp though
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
The thing is saying it doesn't affect you is daft. It will cost whats left of Britain BILLIONS if you look at the economic forecasts.
Thanks given by:
But if they leave, the good thing is the average life expectancy of people England will go up 2 years lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I never said it doesnt effect me. I just said it was out of my control. I have to worry about enough with out this. If I had a vote I would look into it more.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
i have a Scottish name and my dad's side do hail from there a few generations ago, we've all got a bit of Scottish, Welsh, Irish in us anyway (apart from you Southern webbed feet brigade) Wink and i for one hope we stay united, it's another case of the minority pretending to speak for the majority, i think it'll be a no vote anyway, some of the intimidation tactics by the YES side need looking at for the future though . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
The worst thing with Scottish independance is that common and financial sense mean sod all really, it's about nationalist pride. I've a lot of family in NI, and the republic. If you asked the majority in NI would they want independance, they'd snap your hand off, they've been fighting for it for hundreds of years, it wouldn't make financial sense and would greatly reduce living standards, but they'd still do it. And if you asked Ireland to join the union? They'd tell England to f*ck off without even considering it!

What you have to realise as an English citizen is that we are hated, because we enslaved most of the world, and countries we colonized will never forget it.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2014, 01:18 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: The worst thing with Scottish independance is that common and financial sense mean sod all really, it's about nationalist pride. I've a lot of family in NI, and the republic. If you asked the majority in NI would they want independance, they'd snap your hand off, they've been fighting for it for hundreds of years, it wouldn't make financial sense and would greatly reduce living standards, but they'd still do it. And if you asked Ireland to join the union? They'd tell England to f*ck off without even considering it!

What you have to realise as an English citizen is that we are hated, because we enslaved most of the world, and countries we colonized will never forget it.

true that Liam, but what they all have to realise is it's most of us and them united against London town and it's elitist agenda . .Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2014, 01:03 PM)Niall Wrote: But if they leave, the good thing is the average life expectancy of people England will go up 2 years lol
Is it just 2 years? Apparently in parts of Glasgow the life expectancy is 58.
Also I think we drop a couple of places in the table of most obese countries in the world
And as scotland takes more in benefits and costs the NHS more per person and all that we'll actually have a little more for public srevices

(17-09-2014, 01:18 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: The worst thing with Scottish independance is that common and financial sense mean sod all really, it's about nationalist pride. I've a lot of family in NI, and the republic. If you asked the majority in NI would they want independance, they'd snap your hand off, they've been fighting for it for hundreds of years, it wouldn't make financial sense and would greatly reduce living standards, but they'd still do it. And if you asked Ireland to join the union? They'd tell England to f*ck off without even considering it!

And this as part of my problem with it. For years there has been war over keeping northern ireland part of the union and thousands of people have died for that but they cant leave but now we are just going to roll over and let scotland leave.
Thanks given by:
I want a welsh referendum now...
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I've just had a thought what this thread would've been like on saxperience...

"Yh m8 get rid of thm yh?"

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(17-09-2014, 01:43 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: I want a welsh referendum now...

lmao lmao lmao
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2014, 01:36 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

And this as part of my problem with it. For years there has been war over keeping northern ireland part of the union and thousands of people have died for that but they cant leave but now we are just going to roll over and let scotland leave.

Exactly. The majority in NI are republicans and would love to gain independence or even join the republic, and they aren't allowed a referendum because it would obviously result in the UK losing more land. I don't think they expected this to be close in Scotland, if they did they wouldn't have allowed it.

Hell, a lot of my family have suffered fighting for Irish independence as far back as the easter rising, and they're all pretty pissed off that Scotland can choose and they can't.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2014, 11:50 AM)lolsteve Wrote: 16-17 year olds shouldn't be allowed to vote, they don't understand enough to make a proper judgement. Hell even now I don't know enough lol

Age has nothing to do with it tbh, I don't understand much, if anything about politics, neither does my Nan...both of us are old enough to vote... So why shouldn't a 16 year old that's into political stuff be able to vote?

I'm not fussed whether we lose Scotland or not tbh, it's their choice...
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2014, 03:24 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(17-09-2014, 11:50 AM)lolsteve Wrote: 16-17 year olds shouldn't be allowed to vote, they don't understand enough to make a proper judgement. Hell even now I don't know enough lol

Age has nothing to do with it tbh, I don't understand much, if anything about politics, neither does my Nan...both of us are old enough to vote... So why shouldn't a 16 year old that's into political stuff be able to vote?

I hope we stay as one, but the choice is down to the Scottish voters in the end.

Just hope everyone will be happy with the end result, give or take....
Thanks given by:
personally im with the no party. cant be good for either side, wont be as bad for england but surely it will still have an impact..?

Other than that i dont really understand it enough to go into detail.
Thanks given by:
If I understood correctly, Scotland would have to reapply to join the EU if they wanted to, and it's not guaranteed the other members would say yes, that and the fact UK is is unlikely to also agree to let them up the Pound.

I think it would have a negative affect them there economy. But it comes down to there own choice.
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2014, 03:24 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

Because now that I'm 22 i'm alot older and wiser than I was certainly at 16 when all I could think about was getting my todger wet. Im aware theres a greater good to the world by giving and taking, first year of uni I was totally fked off at the idea of taxes, now I understand that the country helped me get to where I am today and now it's my turn to help pay back to the system to help others. Experiencing life on a low budget and living in some proper scannky accommodation it's taught me to appreciate more and to be more sympathetic of those who have less hence why i'll drop a £ or two in a homeless mans hat without hesitation. It's not much but have only had one paycheck so far give me a break lol
My point being that 16 people dont understand the world as much to make a informed decision and will just go with whatever their mates are doing which is properly "yes" to "fk da system"

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scottish Malts Rally maxaret 3 1,327 27-04-2016, 08:55 PM
Last Post: maxaret