The end of the pug

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The end of the pug
Well I was driving home along a private gravel track from work last night and slid on the gravel going round a slight kink which resulted in me hitting a tree and rolling my car about 3 times! I'm now lying in hospital with a broken bone in my spine and wondering if The engine a , stage 2 hdi would still be ok after being upside down!

I'm also mega p*ssed off!!
Thanks given by:
Engine should be fine tbh, but I would imagine most other parts are broken!

Though it sounds like you have bigger problems to worry about atm!
Thanks given by:
Very unlucky bro. Hopefully you'll have a speedy bounce back.

I wouldn't think about the car or engine right now man. I would imagine the engine should be okay. Who knows about any ancillary parts. But just concentrate on yourself bouncing back.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Flesh is more important than metal, hope you have a quick recovery!

Since this is the internet though obviously pictures are required :p
Thanks given by:
Gravel track? So like 5-10mph? That's some achievement to roll a car at that speed!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Yeah it was a bit more than 5-10'ph but it usually is! They don't mind if you sit a 40 just so long as you get out the way, I'll try and get my pal to send me a picture for you lot.
Thanks given by:
You've done that properly! Hope you make a quick recovery mate, lets see those pics lol!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Sounds bad man. At least your ok(ish) couldve been worse.
Wouldve thought engines fine though
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I've crushed a vertebrae in my spine myself, you'll be fine as long as you do your physiotherapy exercises correctly. It'll hurt to do them but do them exactly as they tell you, its absolutely crucial!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Who cares about the car...

Get yourself fully recovered. I was in two bad accidents when I was in my teens, its left me with life long problems due to poor recovery/treatment.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
as said you can replace a cars wouldn't worry about it
Thanks given by:
Sorry for the delay but here's a wee photo of how I parked her up last week!
Thanks given by:
It doesn't appear to be there lol...
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's my bad. It wouldn't upload and then I tried to use photo bucket which failed.....until now Big Grin

[Image: IMG_5833.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dam! At least your OK
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
T-CUT.

!
Thanks given by:
Going back to the shops tomorrow, tried some T-CUT and it didn't work, it was only half a tube so Im going to go get more and try again!
Thanks given by:
Makes it easy to work on the underside though, saves jacking up and crawling around on the floor, so easy to swap the exhaust in that position for example! Big Grin

How are you doing now though?
Thanks given by:
Wow, yeah, I can see how that might have hurt. I guess we'll be seeing you on the rallycross circuits in a couple of years then?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah next time I need to do any undercarriage work on a car I'll probably take the same approach! I'm fine now, just a couple of months off work while I wait for the bone in my spine to heal! There might be some peugeot parts for sale when I'm able to strip her down!
Thanks given by:
ouch did a good job of that!
long as you heal up good i wouldn't care about the car!! my gf crushed her L3 vertebrae few years back to ops later shes all good just some strange nerves and one big badass scar down her back!
Thanks given by:
Yeah they said it was a clean fracture so should heal up pretty well!

I was wondering if anyone could help me. My friend came to pick me up after my wee bump and as it was on a gravel farm track he brought his old car to get me..the police got involved and are now trying to do him for having no insurance....it's a gravel farm road though, surely you don't need insurance as it's not a public highway?
Thanks given by:
None required if it's private land, i thought?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(23-09-2014, 11:54 PM)j77hrn Wrote: Yeah they said it was a clean fracture so should heal up pretty well!

I was wondering if anyone could help me. My friend came to pick me up after my wee bump and as it was on a gravel farm track he brought his old car to get me..the police got involved and are now trying to do him for having no insurance....it's a gravel farm road though, surely you don't need insurance as it's not a public highway?
As long as its not classed as a road and he didnt set offf from somewhere on the road you can drive whatever you want. I know people that have field cars for getting around farmland. None of those need insurance.
Thanks given by:
Careful, as the road traffic act also applies to public places as well as the road - that gravel track could potentially be included under that ruling if the public have access and if so, you'd need insurance etc.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Yeah I've heard about the road traffic act, but still as its a gravel track that says 'farm traffic only' surely it doesn't require you to have insurance but if anything happened you could be liable to pay out. Plus we have a letter from the owner of the land saying we can use the tracks.
Thanks given by: