Oops another car

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oops another car
And you're a whore...

Arent we all quaint
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Nah I kinda agree with piggy as I'm not a 405 fan, I'd much rather a 309 or a ZX or even a 605 if I was going to have a car from that era
Thanks given by:
Nice Save, from the Bin!
Thanks given by:
Not the biggest fan of these but I do like seeing one and especially one that has been saved. It looks as if its in great condition. Definitely a good save.
Thanks given by:
I've been looking for a straight 405 td estate as a runabout for a while now. Found one in sussex a few months back with only 80k on it and even the air con worked but a day beat me down there by two days! Gutted. Wanna find a Cossack one really and lower it on black speed lines and then tidy the bodywork up and use it for carting the dog around!
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2014, 09:09 AM)Piggy Wrote: And you're a whore...

Arent we all quaint

(09-09-2014, 09:13 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Nah I kinda agree with piggy as I'm not a 405 fan, I'd much rather a 309 or a ZX or even a 605 if I was going to have a car from that era

that's also because you two are hard core lada fans! but piggy wont admit it! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Would make a great family wagon. Wanna sell it......
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Oh wow, I would like this for my commute! Big Grin
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2014, 11:44 AM)procta Wrote:
(09-09-2014, 09:09 AM)Piggy Wrote: And you're a whore...

Arent we all quaint

(09-09-2014, 09:13 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Nah I kinda agree with piggy as I'm not a 405 fan, I'd much rather a 309 or a ZX or even a 605 if I was going to have a car from that era

that's also because you two are hard core lada fans! but piggy wont admit it! Tongue

I'd defo admit being a lada fan (and yugos (well anything eastern bloc))

[Image: 482748_627500820597779_778368396_n_zps4c1b4ab3.jpg]
[Image: 027.jpg]
Thanks given by:
they make good rally cars dum dum, and they are competing in the world touring cars.
I remember my mate bidding on a lada riva and after he had a few cans at mine! I said you will shite your self if you own it!

what's the plans for the 405 then?
Thanks given by:
Fyi, that top pic of the lada isnt very much lada anymore....been done over by lotus for a lot of pennies!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I am a peugeot saving expert now lol

Well there was no way i was letting it on the bridge once i found out it was a dturbo and had the beloved bosch pump Big Grin
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2014, 11:22 AM)Orta Wrote: I've been looking for a straight 405 td estate as a runabout for a while now. Found one in sussex a few months back with only 80k on it and even the air con worked but a day beat me down there by two days! Gutted. Wanna find a Cossack one really and lower it on black speed lines and then tidy the bodywork up and use it for carting the dog around!

AHEM...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1995-Peugeot-4...35dbf0ff7b
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Cheers mate but been in contact with the fella and he was a bit vague about what it'll need for mot. And it's a long journey for me on somet vague... I'll wait ;-)
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
a few 405s on there, a couple of mi 16 models, sometimes I do wonder why I went back to metros.
Thanks given by:
i used to drive one of these as taxi for about 2 years they are good cars imo i did a good few thousand miles in the one i used to drive, the only things that went wrong on all the five 405s we used to run was the stupid plastic clutch link on the top of the pedal also the pin in the diff gears used to give way and usually meant a recon diff/box, other than usually routine servicing they lasted well on the fleet.
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG_1388_zpsdb11ccc7.jpg]

Hidden at the back of my WinShed Tongue
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2014, 07:08 PM)procta Wrote: a few 405s on there, a couple of mi 16 models, sometimes I do wonder why I went back to metros.

There's a chap selling two MI16's, a white one and a cossack one.. about 15 mins from mine on ebay at the moment.
Thanks given by:
Yeah in Wisbech. He's had them on and off eBay loads of times. He had a red one as well as the one and Cossack previously all in various states of disassemble.

I can only assume he changes his mind about selling them when he sees how little the auctions raise each time!

If u can most of the work yourself u can get em both for £500-800, restore them, sit on em for a few years and make some money.
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2014, 04:50 PM)Orta Wrote: If u can most of the work yourself u can get em both for £500-800, restore them, sit on em for a few years and make some money.

This is alright if you have space...

Theres a 'project' barn find 205 GTi near me cheap, would love to buy it, fix it up over winter, play with it for a couple of months in summer and sell it in ~5 years time for a massive profit. But cant find anywhere to store it. Sad
Thanks given by:
I grew up in the sticks of Lincolnshire and never considered space. Then we moved to the town and in my tiny garage I've got crammed by '6 and my honda cbr. Then the driveway has the Rallye and my daily (6k worth of Toyota) is sat on the road!! Getting the Rallye up to my parents house (who live in the sticks and have tons of space), then hopefully selling the '6 and I should have my driveway back!!

You can usually rent a garage tho for very little?
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
I live in a village miles out from town, no rentable garages here that I know of. I'm sure there must be an empty barn on one of the farms between here and town but I don't know any of the farmers lol!! Dodgy

Our garage is full of crap so no cars in there. Mums is on the only 'real' drive. Then theres mine and step dads two next to the drive on a bit of garden front garden round the back (confusing, I know). Then my sister started driving this year so hers is on the front garden. We live on a corner so cant park on the road lol. It sucks tbh, we have a fair amount of 'land' but none of it is really useable due to the layout of the house and the fact its all sloping so not good for jacking up or working on cars.

I'm just hoping for some flat space when I can finally move out lol, preferably a garage as well, or I'll have a living room full of tools, parts, engine crane etc. lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oops, im late on a friday daddyfixit 2 1,742 12-10-2018, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Oops... Sian 13 3,200 28-02-2015, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  Oops.... Toms306 98 21,850 28-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Last Post: procta