what is this grey relay for?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is this grey relay for?
Hi all could anybody tell me what is this grey relay used for as mine is goosed. Thanks[Image: 14850fcf56ea197d?projector=1]

Its the only grey relay thats in the fuse box underneath the steering wheel. Thanks
Thanks given by:
I can't see the picture :/
Thanks given by:
Indicators/hazards if its on the top right.
Thanks given by:
Not sure how to add pictures sorry. Its the only grey relay box underneath the steering wheel that sits above the fuses. My front window fuse had blown and just put another 1 in and the windows still arent working and i am now puzzled? just wondered if that grey box had anything to do with the windows also?

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r285/...usebox.jpg
Thanks given by:
Does anybody kmow? i am stumped as neither of my window motors even try and work when use either of the door switches. Thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
Yep, that's the indicator relay. Windows are one of the green ones but cant remember which now!

Have you changed window switch at all? From manual to auto maybe?

Or the door loom wiring is shorting and popping your fuse...
Thanks given by:
Thanks, no everything is standard since i have had the car. An update though. My electrics are now doing really weird things! i have changed the 30a fuse that the windows work from and still nothing. I cant even hear the motors trying to work. The car will now no longer lock as my key fob just suddenly stopped working, but now when i press the lock button the car locks but then opens again straight away..... Sad
Thanks given by:
That's a common broken door loom issue...

Peel back the rubber on the loom between the door and pillar and I'll bet more than one of the wires is broken or at least damaged in there.
Thanks given by: