grinding brakes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
grinding brakes
This is about my vento but all brakes are pretty much the same Wink

My front brakes seem to make a grinding noise once they have warmed up, pads are fine discs are fine both was brand new about 9,000miles ago, greased pads and sliders up made no difference, really don't no what can be causing it now apart from the pads them self's?

Any one able to shed some light on it?

Thanks given by:
Make of pads?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Not the backing disc or something?
Thanks given by:
try putting a smearing of copper slip on the back of the pads, if the noises continue then its the pads..........
Thanks given by:
He says he has greased the pads.

Maybe the pads...may not be
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Mintex pads if I remember rightly could be wrong tho.

And yer greased backs of pads, sliders, we're the pad sits etc with copper grease to

Only think I can think it is, is the pads it's done it pretty much since I put them one, but I've lived with it, doesn't affect braking in any way can lock up easy enough with enough pressure, just annoying and to potential buyers sounds like brakes are f**ked Sad

Thanks given by:
Checked the brake piston hasnt got corrosion which is preventing it from fully retracting into into place?
I had this with my Mitsubishi Galant after it had been sat for about 6 months, drove home on night and the whole car was vibrating like mad, pulled over and the front passenger disk was glowing red like you see in race cars, also i had completely lost my brakes as i imagine the fluid had boiled behind the piston
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2014, 10:34 PM)Lolben91 Wrote: Checked the brake piston hasnt got corrosion which is preventing it from fully retracting into into place?
I had this with my Mitsubishi Galant after it had been sat for about 6 months, drove home on night and the whole car was vibrating like mad, pulled over and the front passenger disk was glowing red like you see in race cars, also i had completely lost my brakes as i imagine the fluid had boiled behind the piston

I don't think thats the issue don't have no silly hot brakes or anything like that.

I've tried to change the pads but euro car parts have given me the wrong pads twice so I've now given up if I go back I'll end up knocking the guy out with them! Angry

Thanks given by:
Have you done this?

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthrea...ging+discs
Thanks given by:
Wow...
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
"A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing..." as the saying goes.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2014, 10:32 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Have you done this?

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthrea...ging+discs

Shit I best go double check Wink lol

On a serious note I'm not that daft (hard to believe I no) Tongue

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grinding noise after skidding on ice. Uberderv 14 2,418 21-03-2018, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Uberderv
  Grinding on rear passenger wheels at slow speeds Jukie88 3 1,318 06-11-2013, 07:27 PM
Last Post: C2K
  Strange/horrible grinding sound Jtrigga 3 1,165 09-08-2013, 07:52 PM
Last Post: John1.4