Custom air box

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom air box
(02-09-2014, 09:48 PM)Niall Wrote: Anyway, does anyone with half an ounce of sense have an suggestions?

lady garden
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Oh so you decided to listen to that then!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Wow. Ladies put down your handbags! Niall I bet you that there is room for an enclosed filter, have you actually tried one in or not yet?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(02-09-2014, 10:33 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Wow. Ladies put down your handbags! Niall I bet you that there is room for an enclosed filter, have you actually tried one in or not yet?

Ive ordered the smallest one I've found to see if i can make it fit but if i don't think it will so will be up for sale shortly lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Have you got any temp logs of with and without the heat shield fitted? I'd be surprised if it's doing nothing.

How about moving your battery to the boot and making an enclosed filter box there? Could you then get a nice big air feed down towards the back of the headlight? Sorry it's ages since I've looked under a 306 bonnet!

If Niall didn't like making work for himself he'd have just bought a Subaru...... Yawn
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2014, 12:25 PM)allanallen Wrote: How about moving your battery to the boot and making an enclosed filter box there? Could you then get a nice big air feed down towards the back of the headlight? Sorry it's ages since I've looked under a 306 bonnet!

This.
Thanks given by:
Yeah moving the battery is an option but one id rather avoid purely due to cost.
The air feed isn't a problem. I may get rid of my fogs and use the right one as an air feed but its just fitting a box in somewhere
Yeah i have done logs with and without the heat shield and on virtually the same drive, my average IAT was 2 degrees lower but that was when the charger was eating its self so was stupidly high anyway!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(02-09-2014, 09:48 PM)Niall Wrote: Because if the filter is parallel to the rad like you're suggesting, the bonnet squashes it so won't fit with a big enclosure around it.

Anyway, does anyone with half an ounce of sense have an suggestions?

Yes, you want to make custom fibreglass airbox and I posted a video of exactly how to make one.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Yeah i watched that this morning. Cheers man Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(03-09-2014, 06:02 PM)Niall Wrote: Yeah i watched that this morning. Cheers man Smile

No worries.
He has some other pretty good videos as well with similar tutorials.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
My battery has been moved to behind the passenger seat. Slits have been cut into the floor with an angle grinder and the battery is strapped to them. Looks a bit chip shop but ok. Cant imagine it cost much!
Thanks given by:
set of wires, (from the scrappy from a 3series BMW) and a little time, small junction box, and you gain yourself nearly 6 litres of room where the battery sat..

Why not get some carbon fibre sheeting, not as expensive as you might think and more robust than Fibreglass,

i found a suggestion for you

[Image: ricer-mods-163.jpg]

you can have this to go with your aftermarket exhaust mod

[Image: post-38050-0-69323100-1368735710.jpg]
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by: