Ph1 grill on ph3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ph1 grill on ph3
Hi just wondering if its possible to fit a ph1 grill onto a ph3. I prefer the look of the older grill. I know with the bumper you need the slam panel as well. Cant afford to get a bumper resprayed right now lol
Thanks given by:
No is the.simple.answer
There would be nowhere for the bonnet badge to go on the ph 3 bonnet, and the headlight are a different shape
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm probably the only guy who wants to do a phase3 to phase 1 conversion lol
All the searches that come up are for ph1 to ph3

Regarding the bonnet i assume debadging the bonnet would work or would i need bumper/lights/grill and a bonnet?
Thanks given by:
And wings , slam panel and bonnet
Thanks given by:
So the headlights are different which means everything around them is different. As you have already said that's the bonnet, grille and the slam panel! You could probably fibreglass a phase 1 grille to make it bigger but its anything but a straight fit!
Thanks given by:
The wings arent different, i dunno where everyone gets that from
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Has anyone done a phase 1 conversion in moonstone? Would be interesting to see what it would look like
Thanks given by:
I'm wanting to put phase 3 crystals into my phase 1. Please advise me on whether I need to change the grille or bonnet. I can't be arsed to change the bonnet for the sake of headlights. A could stretch to a grill
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2014, 10:17 PM)S16 Wrote: I'm wanting to put phase 3 crystals into my phase 1. Please advise me on whether I need to change the grille or bonnet. I can't be arsed to change the bonnet for the sake of headlights. A could stretch to a grill

You need the bonnet, grille and maybe the slam panel.
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2014, 10:19 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(02-09-2014, 10:17 PM)S16 Wrote: I'm wanting to put phase 3 crystals into my phase 1. Please advise me on whether I need to change the grille or bonnet. I can't be arsed to change the bonnet for the sake of headlights. A could stretch to a grill

IIRC the slam panel is different from ph1 to 2/3 Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2014, 01:19 AM)Iceman299 Wrote: Hi just wondering if its possible to fit a ph1 grill onto a ph3. I prefer the look of the older grill. I know with the bumper you need the slam panel as well. Cant afford to get a bumper resprayed right now lol

Perhaps do a swap on headlights if you haven't got any yet. Just throwing a thought out there. What condition are your crystals in

(02-09-2014, 10:26 PM)Grant Wrote:
(02-09-2014, 10:19 PM)SRowell Wrote:

IIRC the slam panel is different from ph1 to 2/3 Smile

Slam panel? Where the bonnet catch is?

I'd be running a badge less grill so no badge to cater for
Thanks given by:
Im guessing if the headlights are different, the bonnet will be too. We should just swap front ends (wish i had the money to do that lol)

I ended up finding a pic of a ph1 with a phase 3 bumper, didn't look good at all Undecided
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2014, 11:28 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: Im guessing if the headlights are different, the bonnet will be too. We should just swap front ends (wish i had the money to do that lol)

I ended up finding a pic of a ph1 with a phase 3 bumper, didn't look good at all Undecided

Yeah I'm not sure if I wanna swap the bumper. I don't fancy a ph2/3 bonnet either. Perhaps I should just get a badgeless grill for the ph1

Or just find some angel eyes for the ph1
Thanks given by:
As tempting as it is, i think i'll just leave mine how it is. Too much cost in respraying parts to make a car look older and probably making it more difficult to sell in the future Undecided
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2014, 11:10 AM)Iceman299 Wrote: As tempting as it is, i think i'll just leave mine how it is. Too much cost in respraying parts to make a car look older and probably making it more difficult to sell in the future Undecided

I Can't see the point in spending several hundreds of pounds to get a car to look standard and older. I think I'll get some angel eyes and a badgeless grille and keep the originals in storage.
Thanks given by:
Have a look a black masks before you get angel eyes. Black masks look way better!
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2014, 04:58 PM)SRowell Wrote: Have a look a black masks before you get angel eyes. Black masks look way better!

Yeah I've seen them. They do look cool. I was hoping to get rid of those horrid headlight lenses on the phase1. Any ideas?

Is prefer some clear ones
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2014, 04:22 PM)S16 Wrote:
(03-09-2014, 11:10 AM)Iceman299 Wrote: As tempting as it is, i think i'll just leave mine how it is. Too much cost in respraying parts to make a car look older and probably making it more difficult to sell in the future Undecided

I Can't see the point in spending several hundreds of pounds to get a car to look standard and older. I think I'll get some angel eyes and a badgeless grille and keep the originals in storage.

I prefer the look of the phase 1 front end, doesn't really bother me that its an older look. If i decide to keep it for a few years, i'll do it in the future
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2014, 05:45 PM)Iceman299 Wrote:
(03-09-2014, 04:22 PM)S16 Wrote:

I prefer the look of the phase 1 front end, doesn't really bother me that its an older look. If i decide to keep it for a few years, i'll do it in the future

Good call you might change your mind
Thanks given by:
Yeah, im already spending too much on maintenance as it is at the moment lol
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2014, 09:38 PM)Jimbo Wrote: The wings arent different, i dunno where everyone gets that from

Was about to say the same.
Thanks given by: