Injector leak

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injector leak
The xud has been running a bit crap shall we say. Having a look the first injector has got air getting into it you can see bubbles from the vid. Also the idle is very shaky. Vid doesn't do it credit but it has seemed to get worse recently. What shall I do to sort it?

Really I could do with someone experienced to come and 're set up' my pump etc. I can tinker about but I'm no mechanic and always seem to get stuck. The car runs well but I know it could be better.

As always comments appreciated

(Not sure how to upload the vid on my phone but you get the idea)
Thanks given by:
where abouts on the injector is the air coming from
306 XUD9 gt2052s
306 hdi stage 2 (hdi tuning)
205 STDT -new project
Thanks given by:
The seal where the injector screws to the block at the base. It could be washer seals have gone but I haven't touched the injectors since they went on the car.
Thanks given by:
Try tightening them up a little
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
as said, try tightening them up (27mm socket or spanner).

failing that replace the fire and copper seals
306 XUD9 gt2052s
306 hdi stage 2 (hdi tuning)
205 STDT -new project
Thanks given by:
Did you torq them down, in the head, to the correct rating? I'd probably whip it out put in the vice and make sure the body is tight on the injector, remove the old fire seal, the copper washer and replace with new.
Thanks given by:
mine leaks on my DW10.. not sure how different the XUD ones are. i've got carbon buildup etc around the injector closest to the battery. i've bought the new fire seal thing / plastic ring, really need to do it as the cabin is starting to stink of diesel which can't be good. looks a fairly simple thing to do though
306 hdi 3dr moonstone
205 gti6 bare shell rebuild
m3 evolution coupe weekend hero
bmw x3 xdrive35d f25 313bhp nutter
Thanks given by:
I've ordered new seals, there is lots of sh*t around all injectors but the block is caked! They were torqued when the bosch went on about 30,000 miles ago and were fine till now. Found 1 AND 3 are spitting now. Will clean up and swap seals, see how I get on. Cheers guys

Will this make it sound 'ticky'? As it does a bit more. Acceleration is still smooth though.
Thanks given by:
just done mine now. put a new plastic seal and copper washer in there. bad job removing the old injector and cleaning it up! basically loosened the clamp and ran it for a bit to push the injector out [with a bit of upward force!] - cleaned the injector up with a wire brush and rotary tool etc, it's sortted my ticky noise or chuffing as they call it. looks like i could do with a couple of the tiny green o-rings from the pipework though but they're holding up for now
306 hdi 3dr moonstone
205 gti6 bare shell rebuild
m3 evolution coupe weekend hero
bmw x3 xdrive35d f25 313bhp nutter
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Injector leak off hose devils_fuel 33 4,057 28-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Last Post: devils_fuel
  injector leak?? Piggy 11 2,962 10-12-2013, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Leak of Pipe Air Leak PaddyPug 5 2,871 18-09-2013, 08:31 AM