Bosch pump issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch pump issues
My pump is gov modded and modded lda
When I start the car for the first time after it's been sat (say overnight) it's very hard to start.

It's very almost like no fuel, and I crank it to bleed it off.

•If I prime the grenade before start it's a lot better
•once it catches, it fires on 3 cylinders for approximately 5 seconds, where revving doesn't make any difference
•after 5 seconds, can rev, cloud of black/brownish coal out the exhaust
•once running, until it's warm, will under rev on idle (normally sits at 1000rpm but will sit at 800rpm)
• once running, once warm, turning off and on is no problem.

So the problems I've sourced, pump leaks. Not sure where from, there is no obvious point, it's just from the front, under the pump stop.
Leaks from the back slightly too, near the fuel banjo, but not the banjo.

Leak off pipe from pump to injector is a boost hose, made of rubber. (I have a replacement. It's very flexible, maybe being sucked flat?

Pump and injectors are off a known running car, was running before it sat for a couple of months, but it literally came off one car and straight onto mine.

Basically, I want to sort the rough start, it does it on both diesel and veg. Only does it on Bosch pump. Was fine before hand.

What I've been trying to look at is
•timing
•leak (causing it to air up, return fuel down the lines? Feels like I bleed it everytime I start
• leak off, either split, got a hole, or is just shit for the job

It must be something to do with the pump/lines/injectors and I don't know enough to find the problem
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Fuel leak....air getting in. Theres your issue.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
But where the f*ck is it leaking from? Aha

Literally I can't see where it's leaking from on the pump, it just seems to appear :/
Thanks given by:
Pull the pump to bits and re-seal then the kits only 15 20 quid I think
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I'm really not keen on even attempting that, it's my daily atm, and I have no idea when it comes to the pumps internals.
Thanks given by:
Probably the middle seal that separates top and bottom halves, imagine when the pump was gov modded the seal wasnt replaced and the veg has killed it
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
well ive just had my bosch pump apart so my guess would be the o ring on the stop lever leaking and maybe the oring on the cold start fast idel lever on the back of the pump leaking another o ring whilst the pumps apart change the top cover rubber seal and the throttle shaft oring the kits can be brought from ebay under £20.00
Thanks given by:
I would say its the big O ring on the head. Mine died quite quick when I originally switched to veg.

You can buy that O ring made to stand up to veg/bio better.

You could do it in a evening tbh
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Wheres you get the oring from? Mine hasnt leaked yet but id like a kit standing by
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Any pictures of the one on the back?
Taking the top off an easy process? If so I'll take it apart on my weekend off and call Ginge when I mess up and see if we can break it more
Thanks given by:
its on the top cover well both are stop lever front of top lid and fast cold idel at rear in top lid so all easy to get to the big distributer head one i never did as wasnt leaking on mine and have been advised is a awkward job to do with pump on the car look at the gov mod guide shows you how to remove the top pump cover a very good guide i used it as refrence.

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-79.html
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure it's the top of the pump leaking now, it's on the front, running all round the sides, but it's all below the top part of pump. Stop lever is extremely wet, I'm pretty sure it's above the stop where it's at it's worst. Is there a deal between the top and bottom? Any recognisable places or things to look for to see if it's gone?
Thanks given by:
sounds like the top cover seal is leaking you can try i guess for now to re tighten it down maybe if the pumps has been apart the last person didnt change the cover seal? i brought my kit of lawsons diesel ebay shop a good price if i remember correctly.
Thanks given by:
It doesn't look like it's been apart recently. But I know it's been gov modded, I'll see if I can find a gasket for it. If not will instant gasket do the job?
Thanks given by:
Is your anti-stall spring back in? and has it been set correctly?
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If its leaking fuel, then its most likely sucking air, given the fact you prime it and its better, is fairly obvious this is the problem.

Totally clean / dry the pump with degreaser, start it and watch exactly where it comes from.

Or just remove it and re seal it first as last, only advantage to looking is if its anything other than the input shaft seal / head seal, it can be replaced on the car which would safe you farce. That said, if it was me id want the lot re sealed for peace of mind.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Will be resealing it when I get my bike so I can ride to work, but I cured a starting problem, maybe.

I connected the wax stat, started and it was lumpy anyway, drive down the road put diesel in (been 100% veg pretty much since Bosch has been on) and drove around and back home. Every start since, has started on first turn, idle at 500. Even after work, at 12am when it was pretty cold, started first turn.

So did the wax stat fix it? Or is it something to do with veg?
Thanks given by:
I'm round the corner if you ever need a help..
Popcorn
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
All the wax stat does is move the lever on pump from cold to hot idle.
Thanks given by:
Wax stat probably not...diesel being in there...very likely.

I found 20% diesel in my veg made life a lot easier to live with!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,467 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,996 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Lucas pump timing probe issues weka 0 1,298 21-03-2019, 08:39 PM
Last Post: weka