How to remove this rounded screw

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to remove this rounded screw
Hi

As per usual, I'm coming across lots of issues when trying to replace my radiator and condenser.

Latest one is the torx screw holding the air intake on is rounded.

What is best way to remove?

Thanks in advance [attachment=18682]
Thanks given by:
Drill it out.

Or if you have a spare duct, just rip that one off and remove the screw with mole grips lol.
Thanks given by:
Dont remove it?

Just take pipework off and leave in place.

Otherwise, I would smack a larger torx bit over the top, then use a non ratchet and smack and turn at same time.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Cheers. Will try the larger torx and if fails.....drill and try not to drill anything I shouldn't. Smile
Thanks given by:
If you have a hammerable screwdriver or old one you don't mind ruining, smash a old flat head into it, give it a twist and the head will come off.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
all i normally do is rip it off. everytime ive done it it just pulls the head through then you can get mole grips on it Smile then just stick a washer on a 10mm bolt to refix it back to the car.
Thanks given by:
I tried to smashing flat head but got nowhere except breaking screwdriver lol

So I drilled it and drilled it for ages. So much so the plastic melted and the intake came off over the head. I then had the use pliers from underneath to remove. Fun and games.

Radiator now drained. ...
Thanks given by:
Sounds like it was spinning instead of drilling!!

Oh well...sorted now Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Captain hindsight here.
just drill it with a metal bit and unwind. Helpful?
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2014, 08:05 PM)Piggy Wrote: Sounds like it was spinning instead of drilling!!

Oh well...sorted now Smile
Yeah, probably, but it's also quite a thick screw!! I didn't realise that before I started!! Otherwise I might have tried something else.

But bizarre way of holding the intake on. It looks like it would reduce the airflow in. Could have had the screws on the outside. That's my way of blaming someone else for my ineptitude. Lol
Thanks given by:
I shouldn't have thought it would make much difference to flow, considering the area of that pipe, is not dissimilar to the dimensions of the hose it goes down to, that little bit in the middle is probably insignificant. Peugeot probably had a rough idea when they were designing it Wink

Either way, glad its sorted Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2014, 09:12 PM)Grant Wrote: I shouldn't have thought it would make much difference to flow, considering the area of that pipe, is not dissimilar to the dimensions of the hose it goes down to, that little bit in the middle is probably insignificant. Peugeot probably had a rough idea when they were designing it Wink

Either way, glad its sorted Smile

That's very true.

Thanks Smile

Need to figure out if condenser will come out without bumper coming off tomorrow. More fun and games for sure Big Grin
Thanks given by:
yeh these always get rusty. Ive just left mine. One thing you can do is to cut the scoop open to make some kind of ram air effect (probably imaginary).
Thanks given by:
I'ts already designed with a ram-air effect....that is then ruined when people cut or drill them. Tongue
Thanks given by:
(31-08-2014, 03:23 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I'ts already designed with a ram-air effect....that is then ruined when people cut or drill them. Tongue
Will see how bad mine is. Think it should be fine with a washer and new screw.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thermostat screw Dangti6 4 1,331 13-05-2016, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Dangti6