Mocal protection

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mocal protection
Hey, I have a mocal 16 row oil cooler to fit. it should go in front of the rad to get the best air flow I know. but I am worried for it taking to much of a beating from road sh$t. Anyone got any ideas?
Either cut out a little of the bumper grill and fit mesh in front to protect it or just fit it behind the rad with less airflow and better protection but easier fitment.
Or am I just worrying about a problem that doesn't exist?

Cheersninja
Thanks given by:
If it is behind the bumper grille it should be okay, but if you remove the bumper you could always add some wire mesh to the back of the grille in the bumper which would protect it and be practically invisible from the outside.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Kinda fancy seeing as much of it as possible, if its safe that is. Don't really like chavy body kit mesh. Cheers, putting it up front.
Thanks given by:
Either way youre either going to get crap in the rad or the cooler. It will cool better infront of the rad I would have thought.

ive just found this on ebay but you need the thermostatic plate so itd be around £150

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-GT...5d4e160894
Thanks given by:
(29-08-2014, 10:17 PM)SRowell Wrote: Either way youre either going to get crap in the rad or the cooler. It will cool better infront of the rad I would have thought.

ive just found this on ebay but you need the thermostatic plate so itd be around £150

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-GT...5d4e160894

Yeh, putting in front, it was more a worry of stones peircing it and spraying oil over my front tyres. Crash!!! Got it straight from mocal with the thermostat, paid a little more than that, doh! But with any luck ill make my money back in not blowing the engine.
Thanks given by:
yeh i havent heard of that happening so should be fine!
Thanks given by:
The water rad would normally take the hit but they don't break!

ive fitted my oilcooler in front of the rad but behind the fans
any debris would have to kill the grill and the fans before hitting the cooler.

[attachment=18654]

[attachment=18655]
Thanks given by:
(29-08-2014, 10:12 PM)impotentials Wrote: Kinda fancy seeing as much of it as possible, if its safe that is. Don't really like chavy body kit mesh. Cheers, putting it up front.

You would still see the cooler, I meant that the mesh would be almost invisible.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Could put it behind the rad? Providing it's as close to the rad as possible it won't have any detrimental effects on the cooling.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2014, 08:34 AM)Niall Wrote: Could put it behind the rad? Providing it's as close to the rad as possible it won't have any detrimental effects on the cooling.

Good idea putting it in between the fan and rad. Is there enough room there or do you have to adjust things a bit. Glad to hear it is safe. I assumed it might be, but as you lot are here and in the know, thought I would ask. Know I just need to find some free time to fit it.
cheers
Thanks given by:
You need to trim the cowling on the fan units, but its nothing serious.

TBH mate, as Cully rightly says, the radiator would normally take the hit. The oil coolers are more robust than most rads, so if it was one or the other, I'd rather have the oil cooler in front Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Cheers
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2014, 10:02 AM)impotentials Wrote: Good idea putting it in between the fan and rad. Is there enough room there or do you have to adjust things a bit. Glad to hear it is safe. I assumed it might be, but as you lot are here and in the know, thought I would ask. Know I just need to find some free time to fit it.
cheers

heres my how too Smile it wont fit if the aircon rad is still fitted to the car Wink

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-13188-po...#pid444729
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2014, 11:04 AM)cully Wrote:
(30-08-2014, 10:02 AM)impotentials Wrote: Good idea putting it in between the fan and rad. Is there enough room there or do you have to adjust things a bit. Glad to hear it is safe. I assumed it might be, but as you lot are here and in the know, thought I would ask. Know I just need to find some free time to fit it.
cheers

heres my how too Smile it wont fit if the aircon rad is still fitted to the car Wink

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-13188-po...#pid444729

cheers man, looks easy enough
Thanks given by:
oh dont drill through the lower crossmember without removing/moving the wiring loom under it Smile
Thanks given by:
That advice may save me a heap of money. Many thanks
Thanks given by:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=expand...pr=1#spd=0

<< some of that. if all else fails
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2014, 07:01 PM)toseland Wrote: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=expand...pr=1#spd=0

<< some of that. if all else fails

Na, a bit max power for me
Thanks given by:
i wasnt suggesting you line the hole with it so it looks like some chav Skipspeed wagon mate,

i was thinking more you simply line the front of hte IC with the stuff, itll provide much needed protection for the IC , without looking too chavvy..

if you spray it dark matte black and itll be fine
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Fair play, kind of like the idea of being able to see it. Might change the colour of the ic just to stand out more
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mocal Thermostat Pingaz 1 2,584 22-06-2022, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Stef205
  Mocal thermostatic sandwich plate cully 8 2,140 21-08-2015, 01:53 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard