Floor console cap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floor console cap
Hi guys,
Anyone know the part no. of the plastic, rectangular cap for the floor console?
Tried every breakers yard in the region, so gonna have to buy a new one!

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Not sure if I'm being a bit dense, but I'm struggling to work out which part you mean...any pics of where it should go?

EDIT: Do you mean the little bit that lives underneath the Handbrake lever?
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2014, 10:18 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Not sure if I'm being a bit dense, but I'm struggling to work out which part you mean...any pics of where it should go?

EDIT: Do you mean the little bit that lives underneath the Handbrake lever?

You got it sir!
Had two 306's now and they always seem to go astray!!!!
Thanks given by:
Theyre usually under the console, have you tried removing it?
Thanks given by:
Its the cap/cover that I need!
Someones already removed it and I need a replacement.

Sorry Tom,
Just realised wot you meant -
Yeah. - Had a good look under console itself and it aint there
Thanks given by:
Yeah, they get pushed through the hole and end up underneath the console somehow. If you remove the console, it might be under there.
Thanks given by:
ive probably got one.
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2014, 11:04 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Theyre usually under the console, have you tried removing it?

Was just going to say this, thats where i found mine
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2014, 11:19 AM)Earnest Lee Wrote: Sorry Tom,
Just realised wot you meant -
Yeah. - Had a good look under console itself and it aint there

Ah ok, that's a shame, cheap and easy to sort when they are under there lol!

I'm sure someone on here will have one....not that you can ask in the wanted section yet. Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
Guess what guys?
Yep - under the console but not where I'd expected it to be! - Evidently someone's tried to fish it out and forced it up towards the gear lever.
Think I'm gonna need skin grafts to put back what I've left behind under the console!
On reflection it would have been easier to remove it. - In view of the fact I need to adjust the handbrake anyhow. - The beauty of hindsight eh?!
Thanks given by:
Ha ha, yeah, vision is always 20/20 in hindsight! lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Haha you should have just removed the plastic! its like 2 nuts and 2 screws! Top tip... once youve got the plastic off where the cap sits there is a lip that always scuffs the handbrake when you take it off. Take a dremel to that and only leave the top and bottom of the lip. It will make it easier to get it on and off, wont damage the handbrake handle and the cap will still sit in it properly!
Thanks given by:
You're supposed to pull the handbrake rubber off first!

But tbh that's the hardest part of the job lol, especially in the cold, its a little more flexible when warm.
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2014, 10:21 AM)Toms306 Wrote: You're supposed to pull the handbrake rubber off first!

But tbh that's the hardest part of the job lol, especially in the cold, its a little more flexible when warm.

ive never been able to remove it! Its easier my way!
Thanks given by:
Only if people have a dremel lol, otherwise you ruin the handbrake grip....from experience. Tongue

Just heating it up with something and giving it a firm but slow tug usually gets it to slide off.
Thanks given by:
I never removed the handbrake rubber when taking the console off. I just used the wider section, where the cap fits, to get it over the handbrake
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2014, 04:19 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: I never removed the handbrake rubber when taking the console off. I just used the wider section, where the cap fits, to get it over the handbrake

this . .^^^^^^ . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Still doesn't go over without scraping the grip though...which leaves annoying marks on it.

Back on topic, has anyone managed to accidentally push that little plastic through? In all the 306s I've owned I've never managed it once, yet they're often pushed through when I first get the cars...just wondering wtf people are doing to them lol!
Thanks given by:
Mine would easily push through, the console seems to have a wider gap by about 1-2mm than the size of the cap. I just put some cloud 9 underneath it, while i was sound deadening the boot, to stop it falling down.
Seems to be fine so far.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  floor mats thebluepearl 12 2,933 10-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Iceman299
  any grommets in boot floor? rd070707 9 2,315 06-09-2014, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Iceman299
  Replica floor mats Niall 10 4,954 15-07-2014, 05:03 PM
Last Post: puglove