Ecu remap kwp2000

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ecu remap kwp2000
Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone has bought and used a kwp2000 plus ecu rewrite kit?
And do they work on petrol engines and was it hard to use?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
[Image: KWP2000-1_01.jpg]
Read and analys your current ECU software.Upgrad the ECU software with a re-mapped file.Repair ECUs with software problems or corruption.
Supports high speed ECU flashing.Led indications for USB-power Car-power/rx/tx Support KWP2000+ software and other KWP/ ISO software
http://www.obd2works.com/kwp2000-plus-ec...-p-76.html
Thanks given by:
Well that's the first bit of relevant spam I've seen for a while...

People do use KWP's for remaps, but usually on HDis. I'm pretty sure you couldn't copy your map from an XSi ECU (Siemens?) with one, but even if you could, there aren't really any gains to be had on a stock engine. And if you don't have a stock engine, you really need to be going to pro's with rolling roads for a custom map tbh.
Thanks given by:
@toms306
It's a standard 2.0 16v I will have to have a look at modifying the engine I suppose Undecided
Thanks given by:
Oops lol, once would been enough. Wink

Yeah, theres quite a bit of difference between the XSi and GTi engines, you could probably swap the manifolds, injectors etc to get closer to GTi6 power but I'm not sure how well that'd go with the XSi management. Or if you're made of money you could always go for a supercharger or throttle bodies lol!

NA petrols just aren't easy to get more power from without spending a lot of money unfortunately.

Wait for the standard 'should've bought a diesel' comments lol....
Thanks given by:
Yeah there's always diesel comments lol but it was a cheap motor of a mate,( might have get a cheap 406 v6 )Wink
I've heard tho
fit it with gti-6 inlet and throttle bodie,
gti-6 camshafts,
gti-6 exhaust manifold
Leave the 5 speed box and it should fly at 4000rpm
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  KWP2000+ connection nightmare pugbug 1 999 25-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Last Post: pugbug