Anyone from berwick? Flashed at 50mph in a 60mph zone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone from berwick? Flashed at 50mph in a 60mph zone
If anyone knows the area im looking for the speed limit for the A1, i dont know the area but i left Tesco went round two round abouts (A698 then to Rotary way) and headed north to Edinburgh on the A1,

I was towing a trailer so was sitting at 50, seen a speed camera looked at my speed to make sure i was under and the camera flashed anyway,

Iv been on this web site and it says its a 60 but can anyone confirm this?

http://www.itoworld.com/map/5?lon=-2.015...gh_wrapper

Not sure if this will work https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Tesc...7e479a0491
Thanks given by:
It could of been set off by someone going very quickly the other direction
Thanks given by:
This was at 2 in the morning so it was just me on the road
Thanks given by:
Even this says it was a 60mph camera

http://www.speedcameramap.co.uk/
Thanks given by:
If it's 60 then don't worry, you can't be done for going under the limit by a faulty camera.
Thanks given by:
How common are faulty cameras ?
Thanks given by:
you could ask to see a calibration certificate of the camera i guess i no my boss got stopped by a mobile one the type the police point at your car the police station could not provide the certificate case dropped.
Thanks given by:
Got any proof you were only doing 50? Sat nav or anything that records journeys. If so, keep hold of the info. Other than that id say wait the two weeks and see if anything materialises. Odds are it wont.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've been flashed on the A697 near Lauder at 55mph. Never received a ticket though. Speed cameras in Scotland are weird.
Thanks given by:
Only proof is the hilux is a 2.4TD with a total of 90hp and the total weight was 3300kg, getting over 50mph is impossible
Thanks given by:
Just wait and see.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Never realised Hilux's were that underpowered! Confused

But as above, just see what happens, theres nothing you can do before that tbh...
Thanks given by:
14 days waiting for a letter, not fun

Underpowered is the reason for the trip, just picked up a newer one that had been rolled for the engine. Directed injection conversion 10 hp and 50 Nm more while using 1/2 the fuel
Thanks given by:
Better efficiency is always good!

Yeah I know what you mean, I hate waiting for stuff as well lol, but what else can you do?
Thanks given by:
The photos, if they even bother looking at them considering it's faulty, will show you weren't speeding.
Thanks given by:
Did it flash once or twice? Some times some of the cameras do flash randomly. I think it's like a self test thing.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Twice, Iv been reading about the radar it uses scatters and can sometime make mistakes, i was towing a rolled car on a trailer so i could be picking up on that.

there was no road works or anything, im 99% sure its a 60 limit and 100% sure i was at 50
Thanks given by:
Daniel, I know the road you are meaning, and it is 50, 60 and some parts were 70.
That part of the A1 on route to Scotland is a bastard for speed cameras! we call it speed camera hell! also bare this in mind, further down the A1 as you are heading south, going thru Gateshead / hexham turn off area etc, that used to be a 70 and that was changed a few years ago to 50mph,

My dad did 80 mph in my car once coming back from knock hill once, as we took turns on driving, I drove there and he drove back, but he was very un disciplined with speed sadly. I said hang on there is a speed camera and your clocking 80! he had to hit the brakes and proceeded down to 60 mph, Mind he would have took the points, I wouldn't have as he was driving. Anyway he was slowing down when he reached the camera and it didn't go off, so not sure what happened there. But it took him another speed trap van to catch him last year, just after he got shot of a set of points, since he has gotten the landy 90, it wont move as quick as the jeep or the 306, so now he has to keep his speed down. I wont trust him with the rover at all, as wont take notice of the speedo of the car. When he has been testing it with me, I have had to tell him to back down and LOOK at the speedo, as it will climb dead easy.

but bare this in mind lads, if you are heading up to Scotland on that road, as soon as you pass holy island turn off,
the trees and bushes are not that well cut, so they do hide the cameras,
Thanks given by:
the speeding "picture" should be verified using the lines on the road (if its a rear facing camera) they will likely ascertain you werent speeding and not take any further action

i would assume, if you were towing, that it has registered the rear of the vehicle, and then the front vehicle (being further up the road) and thought "thats a little further than it should be" even though it was ignoring the rear part of the "train" and flashed..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
That bits a 60 I'm sure, if not the it's a 70, there isn't any 50's where you are on about

We've got a fair few cameras up here, half them don't work and the ones that do are targeted by unhappy people with tyres and petrol! There's 3 of these new fancy ones near me that don't even flash when you get done!
Thanks given by:
Thats 3 weeks now, is it 14 day they need to contact you by?
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2014, 12:18 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: Thats 3 weeks now, is it 14 day they need to contact you by?

you would have been contacted by now if you had been bustard, as they are sometimes pretty shit out sending stuff out up here.
Thanks given by:
they have up to 6 months, so dont be under the impression that you got off scott free mate..

if they decide you were in teh wrong that is..

its usually, however, a pretty good indication if they dont have post out to you by 14 days, that they wont be doing anything.
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
It is a good thing that you was doing 50mph. If you'd have been doing 60 you'd have still been liable for a speeding offence while towing!
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
http://www.which.co.uk/cars/driving/driv...ur-rights/

"How long the police have to issue a speeding notice

The police must serve an NIP within 14 days of the alleged speeding offence, but there are some circumstances in which the notice will still stand even if it's served later than this, for example:

if extra time is needed for the police to act with 'reasonable diligence' to find out who the registered keeper is and how to contact them; or

if the delay was the driver’s fault, for example because they have not told the DVLA of a recent change of address."

My number plate was on the back and is registered to my house
Thanks given by:
Done and done then, happy days. Smile
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(17-09-2014, 02:00 AM)Daniel306 Wrote: http://www.which.co.uk/cars/driving/driv...ur-rights/

"How long the police have to issue a speeding notice

The police must serve an NIP within 14 days of the alleged speeding offence, but there are some circumstances in which the notice will still stand even if it's served later than this, for example:

if extra time is needed for the police to act with 'reasonable diligence' to find out who the registered keeper is and how to contact them; or

if the delay was the driver’s fault, for example because they have not told the DVLA of a recent change of address."

My number plate was on the back and is registered to my house

yeah which... that absolute gem of legal knowledge...

maybe an act of parliment would shed more light on the actual legal limits for summary offences (speeding)

Time limits the Police must comply with to prosecute you

Many road traffic offences are purely summary offences and in most cases proceedings are taken by way of the laying of an information and the issue of a summons. Hence time limits are of particular significance since for various reasons substantial delay may occur before it is decided to institute proceedings. The point must also be borne in mind if it is intended at a later date to add further charges.
Laying of the information

Section 127 Magistrates' Court Act 1980 states that for all summary offences the information must be laid within six calendar months of the commission of the offence, except where any other Act expressly provides otherwise.

The following points need to be borne in mind:

It is not necessary for the information to be personally received by a justice or by the clerk. It is enough that it is received by a member of his staff impliedly authorised to receive it. In R -v- Pontypridd Juvenile Court ex p B [1988] CLR 842 it was held that an information could be laid by being input into a terminal at a police station of a computer system which was linked to the Court, even though it was not printed out at the Court end until later.
In computing the limitation period the day on which the offence was committed is not included.
So long as the information is laid within six months, the issue and service of the summons and the subsequent determination may all occur outside that period.
Laying an information within the six months' time limit before deciding whether or not to prosecute may result in the proceedings being stayed as an abuse of process; see R -v- Brentford Magistrates' Court ex parte Wong [1981] 1 All ER 884.

The six months' time limit applies to most summary road traffic offences, but statutory exceptions do occur. In particular:

Section 6 RTOA 1988; and
Section 24 RTOA 1988.

Exceptions to the six month time limit

Section 6 provides a special time limit for offences listed in Column 3, Schedule 1 RTOA 1988, and for aiding and abetting those offences. When it applies, proceedings must be brought within six months from the date on which sufficient evidence came to the knowledge of the prosecutor to warrant proceedings; but must not be brought more than three years after the commission of the offence in any event.
Section 6 applies to the following offences under the RTA:

driving after making a false declaration as to physical fitness [section 92(10)]
failing to notify Secretary of State of onset or deterioration of disability [section 94(3)]
driving after such a failure
driving after refusal of licence under section 92 or 93 (section 94A)
failure to surrender licence following revocation (section 99)
obtaining driving licence, or driving, whilst disqualified [section 103(1)]
using an uninsured motor vehicle (section 143)
making a false statement to obtain a driving licence or certificate of insurance (section 174)
issuing false documents (section 175).

Under section 6(3) a certificate signed by or on behalf of the prosecutor, stating the date on which the necessary evidence cane to his knowledge, is conclusive evidence of that fact. Such a certificate is deemed under sub-section (4) to have been so signed unless the contrary is proved. The certificate should be signed by the appropriate police officer.
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
They have 6 months to send out a court summons. But the Nip still must be sent out in 14 day
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Highway to the danger zone Fooby 2 1,254 22-01-2013, 11:58 PM
Last Post: Strikeforce
  0-60?? 459ft - 60mph ginge191 22 3,222 02-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Last Post: ginge191