Front bumper/ intercooler clearance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front bumper/ intercooler clearance
Wasn't sure whether to put this in the xud or bodywork section but think it's more relevant to this one.
[Image: IMG_20140628_162754.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20140629_142326.jpg]

I've fitted my twin pass intercooler and managed to keep the standard headlights, with a bit of help from the angle grinder, but having problems making it work with the stock phase 1 bumper. I've cut so much of the lower bumper away that I can make brackets to space the bottom of the bumper out without making it drop at the sides but now thinking I may be able to do the whole thing a bit more neatly with a different bumper. I wanted to keep the car as standard phase1 as possible with the aim to be that unless you were into cars you'd never know it had been changed. (can't hide the lowering though!) My original plan was to sacrifice/ chop the original bumper till it fitted then get a new poverty spec one without the fog light holes and adapt and paint that but now not even sure if I like the Vauxhall splitter so starting to consider different bumper options. It would need to be a factory type though, not a bodykit one.

My actual question is whether a DTurbo front bumper would give a bit more space or whether a phase 2 one would fit ok as they look to have a better shape on the lower half to accommodate the cooler. I've colour coded the bumpers and side mouldings so I think either option should look ok.

Any ideas/ opinions/ experiences?
Thanks given by:
Thats a massive FMIC anyway. I think youd have problems with any bumper.
Thanks given by:
Just wondered if there is more clearance with different bumpers as I can only base it on internet pictures at the moment really. I obviously now know it's possible with the standard one which looks to be the most difficult of them all in terms of clearance so if others have more room then it'd be even easier and would help make a decision on which bumper to buy next. Just need to know whether there are any other differences between the phases in terms of fitting them to mine.
Thanks given by:
Thats a big FMIC. Looks good

I wouldnt ruin a nice pahse 1 by putting on a ph2 bumper. I would say you would have more height room as the dturbo bumper is lower. You will just have to try and find out
Thanks given by:
Think I might try and find a lower splitter that suits the bumper better and stick to the original plan. Did Peugeot ever do a splitter for the standard bumper or does anyone know of one that fits fairly well?
Thanks given by:
Chop chop chop until it fits, looks great, inlet manifold should be like a fridge with that badboy on there!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
It's not connected up yet, not sure the K14 could fill it! Have a GT2056, hdi rods and a xsara inlet manifold to go on at some point. Need to get shells, gaskets etc then bite the bullet. (or maybe fit the turbo, inlet and make exhaust then give it to someone else to strip and build the engine)
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Front Mount Intercooler ?? Buzzdturbo 1 865 07-12-2014, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  clearance issue studturbo 29 4,459 26-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Last Post: sweeney1987