project additions and tidy up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
project additions and tidy up
Okay I've been on here a while now so thought I'd present my moonstone blue 3 door hdi in project form, it's not going to be a throw every pound I earn into it project it's a slow subtle improvement project just because the 306 is stunning as standard
It's a W reg and when I bought, it had 122k on the clock there's a few marks on her but nothing that stands out, plans are to OEM+ it using mainly PEUGEOT bits currently in standard form minus the cat and addition of front gti-6 splitter when funds allow more will be done to it and I will post here to update on improvements will add some pictures later of where she was and how she is now and then as things happen in the future.
Thanks given by:
Ordered a few parts yesterday got a set of french pressed plates on the way and some new pillar trim to replace the tatty ones currently on vehicle also got some door trim clips to resolve a rattle in both door panels since they were last removed, now on the hunt for some lowering springs and uprated shocks and also could be in for some new front calipers and pads
Thanks given by:
So my goodies have arrived a set of french pressed plates new 3d vinyl wrap for pillars and an exhaust tip ready and waiting for a straight through pipe instead of a back box
Thanks given by:
The day she arrived
Thanks given by:
Looks really tidy mate Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2014, 10:08 PM)Niall Wrote: Looks really tidy mate Smile

Yes sir it looks like a new car
Thanks given by:
Cleaned up a couple of weeks ago with added gti6 splitter
Thanks given by:
Next up on the list of things to buy is bilstein b4 shocks some decent springs and get the rear dropped down ready to fit the gti180 17's also fit the euro plates redo the vinyl on door pillars and fit the tail pipe trim also have a look at how they do the yellow fog lights
Thanks given by:
Even g out in the shed tinkering with bits found an old fire extinguisher from a previous car so thought I would incorporate that into my car somewhere for added (weight) safety incase of emergency
Thanks given by:
Couple of goodies for the car

Plates bulbs
Thanks given by:
plates are illegal just so you know, not allowed to have anything other than GB on it . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Yeh I know mate thats why I will carry the originals with me under the boot carpet just incase I get tugged but being down in cornwall not many police around here all off eating cream teas and pasties watching the cows run amok in the fields
Thanks given by:
Looks a tidy car mate, nice base & the plans sound good.

On the quest for more power?
Thanks given by:
Thanks mate, well I was but ive had so many passengers say to me my car is quicker than some hdi 306s theyve been in im not sure wether I should check if it has already had a remap my car will quite happily pull upto 120mph and no lack of boost all the way through, I have just bagged a set of 180 17s for 50 quid so they will nbe having a refurb and i'll have a set for winter in black and a set for summer in original peugeot silver, also been looking at sound deadening some of the panels the roof doors rear quarters and boot, need to sort out my squeeking brakes too but will get round to it all eventually its not a race perfection takes time
Thanks given by:
Im after a set of hubcentric's and flat seat bolts if anyone has any I believe it's 10mm front 15mm rear?
Thanks given by:
Update.....

wheels in for a refurb
new crystal foglight
and picked up a spare gti6 front splitter from local breakers including the fog for £5

busy day tomorrow sorting out the fog and re vinyling the pillars
Thanks given by:
[Image: 20140824_154540_zpss65j6wbf.jpg]

the new wheel currently in for a refurb

[Image: 20140905_152451_zpsl5qplh6u.jpg]

the headache of fitting a new crystal foglight
Thanks given by:
Little update, now running dipped, main and fogs on osram night breakers the difference over standard bulbs is considerably better
Thanks given by:
Anyone know what peugeot steering wheels will fit my 306? Fancy a leather wheel
Thanks given by:
(16-09-2014, 05:12 PM)thebluepearl Wrote: Anyone know what peugeot steering wheels will fit my 306? Fancy a leather wheel

you want the 4 spoke one out of a meridian spec'd 306.
Thanks given by:
Brilliant thank you
Thanks given by:
So the 30mm springs are payed for time for a bit of lowering
Thanks given by:
I'm intrigued why you had to nearly take the bumper off to don the headlight pal ?
Thanks given by:
Was easier than spending hours fiddling about getting the fog light out as space is limited behind the drivers fog light so I removed the water tank which made getting at the 3 bolts on the fog a lot easier and pulled the bumper out the way as the bumper sandwiches the fog to the car
Thanks given by:
Ahh my bad, when you said Crystal I assumed you meant the actual headlight Sad
Thanks given by:
Nah the blooming drivers fog light it had deteriorated inside and gone orange and 1 of the mounts had snapped, all good now though
Thanks given by:
Little bit of tidying changed the pillar trim from this

To this 3m 3d carbon fibre wrap

Thanks given by:
Looks well, thats something I had thought about on my own
Thanks given by:
Pretty simple to do got the vinyl off eBay £10 posted still have loads spare, used the wife's hairdryer and old trim peeled off with ease cleaned it up the re applied new vinyl looks 10 times better
Thanks given by:
Yeah looks the part mate ive no patience for vinyl wrap haha
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts Cherry HDi Dturbo. Project Stage 1+ & tidy up. Matt-Rallye 29 12,759 10-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Matts £200 Cherry Rallye shell rebuild & tidy up project. Xsara goodies landed! Matt-Rallye 70 32,467 07-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Rallye Tidy Up (Yes yet another one) MCH 13 3,581 08-11-2016, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Ben_w