stuck injector seals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stuck injector seals
can anyone let me in on the trick to removing stuck injector seals? i have taken the injectors out of the 2 engines and i want to swap them over, 3 seals easily came out of the old engine with one still stuck and one cam out of the current engine ....3 are still stuck! any help greatly appreciated?? so far i have made a hook tool to fish them out, frozen 3 sockets in hope that by placing them on the copper ring they may contract enough to break the grip that they have....so far no luck....at the moment they are soaking in wd40 but i cant see that it will help much.....
Thanks given by:
flat screwdriver placed across the edge of the seal and tap gently then use a magnetic screwdriver (if your not already) to lift it out of the head, just don't hit it hard or you will damage the injector seat (remember that the head is only aluminium!)
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
thanks for the reply but copper isnt magnetic?
Thanks given by:
pistolpete Wrote:thanks for the reply but copper isnt magnetic?

So not the fire seals then, you know there are 2 sealing washers on the injectors don't you lol

The fire seals are the important ones really as they are compressed when you fit the injector!

The copper ones will be fine if they won't come out just leave them be and replace any that you can is what I normally do as the copper ones can be a right bastard to get out!
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
no fire seals are already out it was the copper ones i was talking about, not to worry i have 2 out and replaced them but will leave the other two in, thanks for your help.
Thanks given by:
pistolpete Wrote:no fire seals are already out it was the copper ones i was talking about, not to worry i have 2 out and replaced them but will leave the other two in, thanks for your help.

No problem, I assumed the fire seals as I don't normally bother with the copper ones unless they look fecked or are causing problems Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
i just wanted to change them as i was there really, fire seals were easy with a magnet on a cable!!
Thanks given by:
Problem with the copper ones is that they crush under the threads, often you have to tap them with a screwdriver until they split, then get your screwdriver in the gap and pry them out, it's a total twat to do... I've never replaced them because of this...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Mine are squashed to the max and never been changed, I probably should... although I wasnt clued up on needing to change the fireseals until recently.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Heh, as Ruan said the copper ones can be a bitch at times, normally when the injectors are overtorqued Wink

Once they crush solid, its really just a salvage job getting them out, so chisels / screwdrivers etc, I normally end up breaking a gap right thro the washer, which releases the pressure and it will then bend up / release...

The critical ones to change are the lower ones...you can get away with the copper ones....just dont want the combustion up the side of the nozzles as it cooks them / overheats and jams them!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I wonder how Darren knows this?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Injector copper seals Nathan1305 4 2,067 26-03-2015, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Nathan1305
  Removing injector seals help doogle-d turbo 13 2,472 01-10-2014, 09:15 AM
Last Post: doogle-d turbo
  Bosch injector seals cwspellowe 6 2,200 02-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Last Post: mark_airey