Cherrybomb backbox fitting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cherrybomb backbox fitting
I've bought a cherrybomb, but I'm unsure on ways to fit the thing! I have a few ideas but i just wondered if anyone had done one before and what you did? I'm gonna need extra pipe, flexi pipe and clamps and so on, but whats the simplest way?
1.9 diesel Phase 2 - scrapped
1.8 meridian Phase 3 - going strong!
Thanks given by:
Flexi pipe?!

Cant you just chop the old box off, and weld the bomb in its place? If you were feeling tight, use the hangers off the original box, or if not, put some new ones on...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I cut the flange off the standard box, welded that to my cherry bomb and put it on as a standard box, easier to remove if I wanted to lol
Thanks given by:
Man I bet that will be loud with a cherry bomb fitted! Not seen.or heard of one for many many years
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2014, 09:11 PM)calibra306 Wrote: Man I bet that will be loud with a cherry bomb fitted! Not seen.or heard of one for many many years

Exactly that...the choice was a cherry bomb or a Peco Universal box when I put one in my first car back in '97. Well there was more choice if you had a commonly tuned car which I didn't...
Thanks given by:
Cherrybomb is on, it's not too loud which is good! Spot on fitting too, cut off the flange, welded the reducer to the cherrybomb and then welded the flange to the other end of the reducer. Also made my own hangers so it looks like a backbox now!
Thanks given by: