Mpps

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mpps
Can you just upload maps with this or create custom maps your self? Prices availability? Vehicles it works on? Basically any info
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
MPPS is a tool used for reading off the ECU hex dump, i.e. it reads off the "map" from the car.

It then needs to be modified and manipulated, by adding extra bytes in the right places, and removing bytes in other places. This is what people call "creating a map". In actual fact, there's so much data in there we don't "create" anything, we just modify about 10% of the actual, relevant, information. This includes pedal maps, mass air maps, temperature maps, single byte limiters, injector timing maps etc. It's a fairly involved job, not... as some "tuners" think, just a case of "turn up the fuel"!!

If you want to have a go modifying it, you'll need some software like WinOLS or TunerPro to mess around with the hex dump, and see the 3D maps.

Once you've modified the file, ensured the checksums are correct it can then be flashed back onto the car using that same tool, MPPS.

Hope that helps.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
That is exactly what I was hoping for information wise. Im not naive enough to think just turn up the fuel. I have a couple of projects in mind and want to learn this for myself. Its all going to be new but its just something else to add to the list of things I can do. I enjoy stuff like this and am fairly handy with a computer as well so this should be a good learning curve. Im sure that at some point ill be messing up and asking for advice but its all part of the fun.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  mpps purchase tysonbully2k12 1 915 27-12-2014, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mcglynn
  Anyone near Coventry with MPPS or Galletto? jammapic 0 767 27-08-2014, 11:13 AM
Last Post: jammapic
  Reccomend me which to buy a Gelletto / MPPS silverzx 5 985 29-07-2014, 02:08 PM
Last Post: silverzx