My car a buyers market with out trying!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My car a buyers market with out trying!
Since buying my 306 hdi my car is a buyers market with out trying. Ive had loads of people ask me wat Im doing with the car. Also today somebody else interested in buying it. It shows the times have changed with cars and people want high mpg reliable cars.

The car ant even on the road yet just doing jobs to it. But it shows people want these cars there highly sort after now.
Thanks given by:
You cant call a pug a reliable car :-P lol
And yes people do want diesel hatches :-)

Which is why its a sellers market
Its a buyers market for the big phat high power pervs
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Its not only good MPG - But recently many 306 dervs are chucking out decent power with cheap mods! all for > £1000

Everyones a winner!
Thanks given by:
If you can afford to run a petrol at the moment then this is a great time to do so. As said, people are wanting diesels (spending £2-3k on top of the value of their car to buy a diesel that's more expensive to insure, tax and maintain just to save a tenner a week lollll) so petrols have dropped in price.
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:If you can afford to run a petrol at the moment then this is a great time to do so. As said, people are wanting diesels (spending £2-3k on top of the value of their car to buy a diesel that's more expensive to insure, tax and maintain just to save a tenner a week lollll) so petrols have dropped in price.

Huh? Confusedhock:

£115 a year to tax, less than an XSi/'6 to insure (with mods and much more power) and no more expensive to maintain...infact much less with longlife servicing!

Just cos deisel 306s are slow and expensive to run doesn't mean all deisels of that era are! lmao

You're right about purchase price though, my Dad always buys big engined petrols cos they're cheap....he's now got a V6 mondeo estate (who would want a petrol estate anyway....theyre for lugging shit around, not bwarp! :roll: ) but pays well over £200 for tax, over £400 for insurance (and hes nearly 60!) but he doesnt maintain it so its cheaper in that aspect lol. But thing is he barely averages 20mpg............so my car is quicker and 3 times as good on fuel. With the amount of petrol he puts in he woulda been better off buying a deisel version now. :think:
Thanks given by:
*diesel

And I wasn't talking about 306s, I mean the people who have bought newer a3s, and golfs, leons and bmw diesels. Tyres, and parts and servicing are all more expensive, plus especially with bmws they are more expensive to insure (from personal experience).
Thanks given by:
I weighed it up when I bought the Octavia, I thought about a Leon Cupra TDI but it was £4000 for one in the same condition as my £2000 Octavia, for less power, less space and otherwise the same car. Also, no DPF or DMF to worry about as well, and with 230 bhp easily attainable...

I got a much faster car, and let's face it, 30 mpg average isnt that different from 45 mpg average when you factor in the higher price of derv, so I'm happy despite the random electrical faults I've had, which are just as common in the diesels Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:*diesel

And I wasn't talking about 306s, I mean the people who have bought newer a3s, and golfs, leons and bmw diesels. Tyres, and parts and servicing are all more expensive, plus especially with bmws they are more expensive to insure (from personal experience).

Fair enough. Smile

Buying new cars is a mugs game anyway lol, get one 10 years old with more power and a bigger spec list for a fraction of the price. Big Grin That said, I'd love a new A3 if I could afford one! lol

THE_Liam Wrote:I weighed it up when I bought the Octavia, I thought about a Leon Cupra TDI but it was £4000 for one in the same condition as my £2000 Octavia, for less power, less space and otherwise the same car...

I got a much faster car, and let's face it, 30 mpg average isnt that different from 45 mpg average when you factor in the higher price of derv, so I'm happy Smile

You're doing it wrong if you only get 45mpg from a pd 150! (Which you could map to 200 with no other mods anyway Wink ).

BUT, from your mpg figures, I guess you do a lot of town driving, where imo petrols are better.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I do a lot of town driving, my average is usually about 30 mpg per tank, which is about 27 mpg in town and around 43 mpg on a run. My mates mapped one with 220 bhp - ish gets better round town and slightly less on a run Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:Yeah I do a lot of town driving, my average is usually about 30 mpg per tank, which is about 27 mpg in town and around 43 mpg on a run. My mates mapped one with 220 bhp - ish gets better round town and slightly less on a run Wink

Cool thats not bad for town figures tbh. Smile

I've noticed the mpg after my map is much better, even at speed, I can still get 60mpg at 60mph now, used to be around 52mpg at the speed on the standard map! Mpg will probably get a bit better after the service which it badly needs too...oh and a new t clamp to sort the boost leak. :roll:
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:
THE_Liam Wrote:Yeah I do a lot of town driving, my average is usually about 30 mpg per tank, which is about 27 mpg in town and around 43 mpg on a run. My mates mapped one with 220 bhp - ish gets better round town and slightly less on a run Wink

Cool thats not bad for town figures tbh. Smile

I've noticed the mpg after my map is much better, even at speed, I can still get 60mpg at 60mph now, used to be around 52mpg at the speed on the standard map! Mpg will probably get a bit better after the service which it badly needs too...oh and a new t clamp to sort the boost leak. :roll:
this definatly makes a change.... tom talking about his em-pee-gee's
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Cool thats not bad for town figures tbh. Smile

this definatly makes a change.... tom talking about his em-pee-gee's

Not my fault, liam started it! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Welshy_Pete Wrote:Since buying my 306 hdi my car is a buyers market with out trying. Ive had loads of people ask me wat Im doing with the car. Also today somebody else interested in buying it. It shows the times have changed with cars and people want high mpg reliable cars.

The car ant even on the road yet just doing jobs to it. But it shows people want these cars there highly sort after now.

Also insurance is only £250 fully comp for me.

Also alot of these electrical faults just doing my 306 up I can see were those come from. Water leaks in the aerial, bulk head full of leaves and the door and boot seals. Before that water everywere on the floor and leaking in places everywere. All these small things add up and cause electrical problems if left damp and water in the car. Ive sorted all those out the car dry as hell now no more leaks.
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Buying new cars is a mugs game anyway lol, get one 10 years old with more power and a bigger spec list for a fraction of the price. Big Grin That said, I'd love a new A3 if I could afford one! lol

I had this argument with my Mum when I told her I'd bought the 6. She couldn't understand why I was buying a car a year older than my Corsa, with 84k on the clock, french and she kept asking me why I didn't buy one of the 'nice' new Corsas instead. Confusedick:

Simples. A 6 is waaay more fun, parts are pretty cheap in comparison, the new Corsa is butt ugly and, let's face it, I pretty much have a team of mechanics in the people on this forum if things go wrong lol
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Kimmie Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Buying new cars is a mugs game anyway lol, get one 10 years old with more power and a bigger spec list for a fraction of the price. Big Grin That said, I'd love a new A3 if I could afford one! lol

I had this argument with my Mum when I told her I'd bought the 6. She couldn't understand why I was buying a car a year older than my Corsa, with 84k on the clock, french and she kept asking me why I didn't buy one of the 'nice' new Corsas instead. Confusedick:

Simples. A 6 is waaay more fun, parts are pretty cheap in comparison, the new Corsa is butt ugly and, let's face it, I pretty much have a team of mechanics in the people on this forum if things go wrong lol

Haha totally agree! Big Grin Not sure which new corsas are the nice ones though! lol
Thanks given by:
More people want to buy the car. I have to stick a sign not for sale soon LOL. lmao

Anther option put a big price on it then pay it or buzz off LOL lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 buyers guide in PC magazine Bigred407 6 2,219 16-10-2018, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  Buyers remorse? THE_Liam 22 2,429 17-02-2015, 09:54 AM
Last Post: 1616six
  306 buyers guide check list DeeTurbo 6 1,450 02-02-2014, 01:42 PM
Last Post: cully