85k 205 1.9 GTI.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
85k 205 1.9 GTI.
It is, unfortunately for me, time to part company with my 205.
It is being used as a daily driver by my Mrs and having two kids means it is just too small to be practical, need something bigger and a bit newer with power steering for her really.

Some of you know the car from when Ben had it and will know what it used to look like.
It is now back in its proper red and black GTI trim.

Since I have owned it it has only really needed an inner track rod and new top mounts changing, although I now think it could do with the passenger front strut changing as it has begun to knock a bit and wanders a bit in right handers.

The balljoints and rubbers are pretty new and in good nick, no play in any of the wheels when jacked up.

No camber or squeeks or knocking from rear beam which has bilstein dampers fitted.

83k showing, some history,old MOTs and a folder of receipts and stuff to show this and condition of seats and steering wheel would also indicate this to be true.

Mechanicaly sound as a pound, uses no oil or water, first time fire up everytime and pulls very well through the rev range and sounds fapping lovely. K&N fitted for the induction roar. 1.6 gearbox fitted (reverse next to first).

The bodywork is pretty good really for a car this old, the worst bit is where the previous owner took off a wraparound spoiler that was attatched to the boot and rear quarters. The boot was replaced but the rear quarters were painted in hammerite white, badly.
There is also a slight crease in the passenger wing, see photos for both of these.

MOT till May 2nd and taxed till 31/12/14. No advisories at last test.

[Image: 2014-08-03113546.jpg]

[Image: 2014-08-03113741.jpg]

[Image: 2014-08-03113819.jpg]

[Image: 2014-08-03113819.jpg]

[Image: 2014-08-03114047.jpg]

[Image: 2014-08-03114102.jpg]

[Image: 2014-08-03113831.jpg]

[Image: 2014-08-03114142.jpg]

[Image: 2014-08-03114153.jpg]
Thats not rust under the paint, its the sticky stuff from the spoiler been painted over.(!)

Looking for around £1600 for it and am open to offers. (No confectionary or condiments considered funnymen Big Grin )

Thanks for having a peep at it, P.M me if you want to talk any further about it or want my mobile number.
Will be going on ebay if it hasn't sold here in a week or two.
Cheers.
Danny.
Thanks given by:
Would you consider my unique 306 hdi estate?
Thanks given by:
If it wasn't so low at the back I would have definately come and had a look, wrap is not my cup o' tea either really although I know it can be removed and ride height sorted, I dont want to do any work if I can help it, hate rear beams!
Cheers though.
Danny.
Thanks given by:
wow the damage from that spoiler is impressive!
Thanks given by:
Not too much actual damage caused, just a bit of paint pulled off, could have been sorted a lot easier if there was not a half inch of hammerite and all the sticky crap on it though, granted.
Been quoted £400 to put it right.
The asking price is a bit high admittedly but who doesn't test the water when selling a car? Not in a massive rush to get rid, I love it but it ain't practical for me anymore.
Very open to a P/X, especially anything XUD. Try me.
Cheers.
Thanks given by:
Bump.
Price reduced to £1400 ONO.
P.X still welcome.
Thanks given by:
These are a good example of a car where the value is only going up. If only I had the space!

Good luck with the sale Smile
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
That is a true story.
I think there may be too many XUD lovers with limited funds like myself on this forum, gonna stick it on ebay and wait for the barrage of idiots wanting to buy it without seeing it for £2.50.
Thanks given by:
I've got a peugeot 205 xud 5 door. Lovely car but not that clean. PX?
Thanks given by:
If you are serious then P.M a cash offer with your car as a P.X.

Cheers.
Danny.
Thanks given by:
Starter motor gone so not for sale untill fixed. Maybe a week or so.
Not that any body wanted it on here anyway.
Cheers.
Danny.
Thanks given by:
Sold on ebay subject to payment.
Thanks given by: