99 D-Turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
99 D-Turbo
Owner of a 99 d-turbo, not the cleanest (not a straight panel on her) but mechanically sound. That said the electrics are typically french and made worse by the aftermarket alarm that someone wired in Sad hoping to do a few mods to her for reliability and long distance cruising. Also own an auld ford capri thats being rebuilt into a drift missile.
Thanks given by:
D turbo .. XUD9, in a 99, Awesome!
Suzuki Santana Vitara 1.9 Td (Xud9) 3Dr
Thanks given by:
Atleast you can replace panels! Sounds alright, mechanically will go on forever
Thanks given by:
Welcome along, get some pics up when you can
Thanks given by:
Welcome along
Thanks given by:
Hello and Welcome!
Suzuki Santana Vitara 1.9 Td (Xud9) 3Dr
Thanks given by:
Ill get some photos up over the weekend, have the radiator to swap out and flush the coolant system as well as another oil change
Thanks given by:
So swapped out the radiator as it had been running really hot and only one fan was kicking in. Lucky i did as it looks like it was the original radiator and its had a few fights with both the elements and the odd feathered bastid one of which seems to have taken out the passenger fan Undecided
[Image: 2014-08-09191753_zps37f298b3.jpg]
[Image: 2014-08-09191757_zps673bef86.jpg]
[Image: 2014-08-09191802_zpse6891388.jpg]

Once that was done im now left with this

[Image: 2014-08-10184217_zpse94998e9.jpg]

Fitted a new fan to replace the broken one in the shroud and put another one round the back of the radiator on a manual switch just in case the normal ones dont kick in....plus i love BIG RED SWITCHES and feel all cars should come with on.

[Image: 2014-08-10184301_zps17d95414.jpg]

The plastics were pretty tired so ive them flatted for respraying and once the weather picks up ill respray the bumper and the few patches of rust. The suspension will be the next thing to do as it is veeerrryyy spongy and the back end is like a dog with worms dragging its arse along behind itself. I know that some people do that intentionally but this is the daily and i can do without drawing the attention of our local constabulary haha
Thanks given by: