Clonk/vibrating under acceleration

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clonk/vibrating under acceleration
Hi guys i noticed recently like a clonk, then like a clonky rattly vibration type noise under hard acceleration would i be right to think engine mounts? And could just the bottom one on its own manage this problem or is it likely to be top aswell? Because i cant really rock the engine by hand but then the torque of it can turn the engine bit harder than me lol

Edit: could the turbo be hitting the bulkhead?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
tomw1123 Wrote:Hi guys i noticed recently like a clonk, then like a clonky rattly vibration type noise under hard acceleration would i be right to think engine mounts? And could just the bottom one on its own manage this problem or is it likely to be top aswell? Because i cant really rock the engine by hand but then the torque of it can turn the engine bit harder than me lol

Edit: could the turbo be hitting the bulkhead?

Probably engine mounts if its only under acceleration...........as for turbo hitting the bulk head, unless you have something bigger than stock on there I doubt it TBH, my TD04 just and so touches the bulkhead now and again.
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Sounds like the engine mounts. I had to have a plate welded on my top engine mount as it was no longer a mount, just a hole! Get it checked quick before it rips it to bits. New mount is about £15 on ebay and you can do it yourself in under an hour if all is well.
Current Car: Lexus CT200h 1.8 138, 2013, 19,500 miles
Previous Car: VW Passat 2.0 TDi 140, 2005, 136,000 miles
Previous Car: Peugeot 306 XLdt (stock!), 150,000 miles (I miss this car Sad)
Thanks given by:
Don't buy a mount from ebay, i bought one of these £15 "bargains", started knocking within a week, literally. Severely unimpressed, complete waste of money. In fact, i've got an engine mount you can have for postage, less than 300 miles on it. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Turbo wouldnt hit the bulkhead.

Replace your engine mounts. Start with the lower, then gearbox and then upper.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
Quote:Did over 10,000 miles on mine before I got rid of the car, and it was still fine. It'll only knock again if it wasn't done properly in the first place.

Your car was stock Andy Tongue The cheap ebay mounts are an utter waste of time for anything more than 0.1ft pounds of torque!
Current Car: Lexus CT200h 1.8 138, 2013, 19,500 miles
Previous Car: VW Passat 2.0 TDi 140, 2005, 136,000 miles
Previous Car: Peugeot 306 XLdt (stock!), 150,000 miles (I miss this car Sad)
Thanks given by:
The lower one looks pretty past it imo :/ i took the top one off and it was tight i wriggled it around and it wasnt going anywhere so i guess the top ones ok..
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  possible bosch pump problem/ no acceleration simonh 15 2,929 20-07-2015, 10:18 AM
Last Post: simonh
  50-80 acceleration times. daveylennon93 17 3,866 17-07-2014, 08:59 AM
Last Post: kelvsere
  Flat spots in acceleration Andy annear 7 2,087 14-08-2013, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Matt