BRAKE DISCS GETTING SUPER HOT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BRAKE DISCS GETTING SUPER HOT
Hi,

I have an issue with my brake discs, they seem to get really hot even if I use very little of braking. As well as makes squeeky noise.

Have replaces the discs and pads recently, checked the cylinders the move as new and rubbers around as in tact not ripped...the discs as not warped either, cause you could see by the colour as well as I did driving test by pressing brake pedal slightly so see if there is any vibration on the pedal, but there was not.
Also when letting it go downhill it seems to be braking when in neutral..
Break hoses seem to be ok too.

I dont know what else it could be...
Is it possible that the rubber around the cylinders could be too stiff and now since everything was changed they have moved out of place and they are causing the cylinders not to return completely, making them brake and squeek?
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum Smile

Sounds like the calipers need servcing/rebuilding/replacing. Either that or the sliders are seizing up. Something is holding those calipers on.

I asume we are talking about front brakes?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Your brakes are binding, make sure all the sliders are free, grease them up and refit.
Thanks given by:
Yes front brakes. The sliders are greased up and moving as new.
Might be the calipers them selves causing problems, just dont want to invest money into something that might not be a problem.
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile
I would put a pint on it being at least 1 calliper binding. Also, check the rears as quite frankly they are crap and all of them seem to be binding now. Depending on how confident you are with working on brakes, a rear rebuild kit is £25 from Big Red Brakes and i think the fronts are about £35.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
As Above really, brakes binding. Before spending any money take the calipers away from the disc and fully depress the piston by hand a few times as this may be enough to free it up.
What size calipers/discs are they as it may be your car saying its time to upgrade!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brake Discs JTaylor2005 40 6,135 09-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Skimming brake discs lolsteve 13 3,319 29-08-2014, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Tom
  Which brake discs rocker8742 9 2,651 02-06-2014, 12:11 PM
Last Post: pug306driver