Tuning box Hdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuning box Hdi
Advice and opinions on a tuning box for an X reg 306 HDi?
Thanks given by:
Get a remap.
Cheaper, better, more economical and more power. it's just better all rounder.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Know of a few who have killed their fuel system with a tuning ox, just do it properly and get a remap.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Got one on the van due to its ghey Siemens ecu. Tested it on a rolling road had small gains (10 bhp and about 30 torquey things) get afew more mpgs aswell but on the 306 a proper remap is a no brainer really.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Yep, wouldn't bother with a tuning box. A remap gives all of the above as the guys have pointed out, but I'd actually argue it's easier to remove than a tuning box too... you don't even have to lift the bonnet!!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Its all about remaps. There is no substitute for them. 9 times out of ten all tuning boxes do is put resistors between certain inputs to ecu like temperature or boost. Its not accurate at all and defintly not good for the motor.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2014, 08:31 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Its all about remaps. There is no substitute for them. 9 times out of ten all tuning boxes do is put resistors between certain inputs to ecu like temperature or boost. Its not accurate at all and defintly not good for the motor.

Yep, all they do is intercept signals to fool the ECU. To a point, they work... but there's no substitute for actually telling the ECU WHAT to do.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2014, 11:45 AM)jammapic Wrote:
(22-07-2014, 08:31 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Its all about remaps. There is no substitute for them. 9 times out of ten all tuning boxes do is put resistors between certain inputs to ecu like temperature or boost. Its not accurate at all and defintly not good for the motor.

Yep, all they do is intercept signals to fool the ECU. To a point, they work... but there's no substitute for actually telling the ECU WHAT to do.

JP

Indeed, all the boxes i saw are resistors, and most of the time are bad resistors and overall construction
Thanks given by: