Best way to attach a spoiler?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to attach a spoiler?
Just resprayed a new spoiler for my car the type that the 3dr edition has on as standard. What would be the best way to attach it? As I have been recommended to cut the screws off and tiger seal along the back edge. Not sure if I trust it Confused[/b]
Thanks given by:
That is the best way to do it imo, Tiger seal is amazingly strong once it's set. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I used the two screws/bolts and a bit of tiger seal
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Tiger seal is brilliant stuff
I attached a GTI spoiler to my HDI with the stuff and its stuck on as solid as a rock!
Thanks given by:
I drill and bolt mine on...phase 3 FTW. Wink

With a ph2 one you're best to glue it on as above though.
Thanks given by:
How long should I leave it to set before I drive it again? As the tube has no instructions on it lol. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I left my car indoors for about 3 days, 2 days would do id have thought
Thanks given by:
24hours isnt it??? use some masking tape to keep it in place if not using the screws. I used this stuff to hold trim round the rear view mirror shroud, took 4/5hours to hold and then next morning was rock solid!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the speedy replies Wink and should I just use it on the top lip of the boot, or on the glass as well?
Thanks given by:
Using it on the glass will be fine. I left the masking tape on my spoiler overnight, and the next day it was set enough that it didn't move when the tape came off. Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by: