What pump do I have want to run cooking oil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What pump do I have want to run cooking oil
Hi as title says any idea what pump I have as I can get cooking oil pretty cheap

[Image: ezevyged.jpg]

Looks like a lucas to me but some threads say otherwise its a w reg non turbo
Thanks given by:
That looks like a Bosch nad pump to me!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Good news then ok to run with cooking oil?
Thanks given by:
Dont see why not. If i were you, i'd also take that thing (can't think of the word for it...the pistony strut thing lol ) off the throttle arm, you'll find it nicer to drive. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ok will do not bad for a daily cost me 450 with 10 month mot
Thanks given by:
Sweet, can't really go wrong for that price. Bet you wanna stick a turbo on it though! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Yeah I have had a zx volcane td before it was nice but got a fd rx7 and 205 rallye for toys so it will be ideal cheap runner
Thanks given by:
that thing, wing, is a damper =D
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(03-07-2014, 08:19 AM)toseland Wrote: that thing, wing, is a damper =D

THATS the word I was looking for! lol
Thanks given by:
Enjoy the cheap cost of running and get some veg oil in it! Big Grin
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys got 20 litres yesterday for £15 so bargain Cool
Thanks given by:
I took that damper off a mates nad when doing a service...

He was amazed how much better the throttle felt!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Gov mod it...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Just removed the damper feels so much better noticed the car is hunting a little so I have ordered a fuel filter hopefully that solves it
Thanks given by:
Is it safe to run 100% veg as I have been I was gonna wait till it gets colder then start premix
Thanks given by:
I am...
Thanks given by:
Ok not so bad then changed the filter yesterday runs perfect when warm just initial start up its a but lumpy
Thanks given by:
Its veg initial start up is always like that on veg
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Yep thats how veg is, you can try and adjust the pump timing a little that can help, some people fiddle with the cold idle speed screw and have it run abit faster on cold idle to compensate.

Fitting larger diameter fuel lines is supposed to help as well, but if it's just an old beater most people just leave it alone and ignore it - it's not doing any harm.
Thanks given by:
As guys have said lumpy idle is very common with veg till it warms up. Keep a few spare fuel filters in boot with tools ti change just incase why your out and about it blocks up Wink

Thanks given by:
Extend your glow plug run time. It will make quite a difference.
If you can trust yourself, bridge the relay with a nice big fat red lit switch somewhere right in your line of sight and turn it off after a few minutes.
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2014, 08:09 AM)nominous Wrote: Extend your glow plug run time. It will make quite a difference.
If you can trust yourself, bridge the relay with a nice big fat red lit switch somewhere right in your line of sight and turn it off after a few minutes.

Never thought of this might do it and somehow wire it into the radio control stalk on steering colum
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Leave glow plugs on cycle for a few minutes!? Are you crazy? Big Grin
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I admit a few.mins seem a bit long. But being on a tad longer would surely help
Thanks given by:
A bit longer ...but minutes and your asking for trouble!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Lol yeah you'll destroy the plugs if you leave them on for too long!

Glowplugs won't improve the running really - you probably need more injection timing which will help counter the ignition delay from mega cold gloopy veg.

The hunting is purely due to the governor struggling to control engine speed due to the thickness of the fuel and the internal vane pump struggling to get fuel into the pump case and maintain the pressure.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
The car runs fine when hot so I just ket it idle for a bit
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2014, 10:48 PM)Ruan Wrote: Lol yeah you'll destroy the plugs if you leave them on for too long!
They are internally temperature controlled.
It's a service item.
My last set for a VW were 15quid. So who cares ? Smile

Quote:Glowplugs won't improve the running really - you probably need more injection timing which will help counter the ignition delay from mega cold gloopy veg.

Bear in mind on newer diesels that glow plug run time is extended depending on temperature. In a direct injection that's making a difference
I can assure you from my own experiences on IDI that it makes quite a difference.
That the difference out weights the cost of a set of plugs perhaps once a year if unlucky.

Quote:The hunting is purely due to the governor struggling to control engine speed due to the thickness of the fuel and the internal vane pump struggling to get fuel into the pump case and maintain the pressure.

Well that's one issue, but turning the plugs on is clearly heating things up and improving combustion until said combustion has warmed the chamber up enough that they are no longer needed.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vegetable/cooking oil questions! GP123 10 3,871 11-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Last Post: maxlee