Slow HDI Project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow HDI Project
Hi all, Today I had started spraying a bit of the interior dash, which is my first time!! it was to see how it would look if I had all of the dash sprayed so wasn't a good standard just Halfords spray cans lol I didn't do the top half as somehow the stereo wouldn't come out so I got my dad helping me on either Monday or Tuesday to do the rest, I am slowly modifying my car due to workwise and moneywise, I cant do much yet as when I get the car insured I can then ask what can be done to it so I can stay legal, tell me what you guys think... Thanks
[Image: Cropped%20pic.png]
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
I think black aint a bad choice, gloss you may regret though.

You may want to consider matt/satin as a final coat
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
now I had seen another person's satin black looks better lol, I might go to matt black or stay with gloss, what would happen to gloss as you said I might regret?
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
black is a good choise, but maybe you want to paint the upper part too
Thanks given by:
yup im going to mate but just found out my ada is working all next week so going to find a way to take the stereo out then i can start.. Smile

(17-07-2014, 05:08 PM)dashmader Wrote: black is a good choise, but maybe you want to paint the upper part too
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
I think you should black gloss the whole lot Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Am going to do the whole lot and even where the speedo is.. no more grey for me.. i am even going to get the white speedo with blue led instead of black..

(18-07-2014, 01:50 PM)7057sam Wrote: I think you should black gloss the whole lot Smile
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
i black glossed all of my trim bits. i think it looks better than matte. puts a little bit of contrast against the rest of the dash imo
Thanks given by:
could you post a few pics mate if u dont mind me saying.. just want to see what it looks like.. Smile

(18-07-2014, 06:51 PM)willJspears Wrote: i black glossed all of my trim bits. i think it looks better than matte. puts a little bit of contrast against the rest of the dash imo
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2014, 07:58 PM)Josh1994 Wrote: could you post a few pics mate if u dont mind me saying.. just want to see what it looks like.. Smile

(18-07-2014, 06:51 PM)willJspears Wrote: i black glossed all of my trim bits. i think it looks better than matte. puts a little bit of contrast against the rest of the dash imo

have a look at my project thread
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22781.html
Thanks given by:
ok cheers

(19-07-2014, 01:43 PM)willJspears Wrote:
(18-07-2014, 07:58 PM)Josh1994 Wrote: could you post a few pics mate if u dont mind me saying.. just want to see what it looks like.. Smile

have a look at my project thread
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22781.html
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
Right so today I got bored, so thought of spraying the front badge.... Here is the finish.. Not bad for a first time sprayer and Halfords spray cans lol...

I know the bulb has gone on the left headlight, thought it was meant to be 'error free' guna replace that soon.

(30-08-2014, 03:14 PM)Josh1994 Wrote: Right so today I got bored, so thought of spraying the front badge.... Here is the finish.. Not bad for a first time sprayer and Halfords spray cans lol...
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
Not usually a fan of sprayed badges but i like it. The gloss black dash will be interesting to see
Thanks given by:
A little info might help might not

For the stereo there should be two or for holes/slits down either side you have to slide pins in to release it,
Then when you take the cage out there is to bolts either side with little nuts on to remove, then middle just pulls out, (not sure weather you have sprayed rest yet just seen dates on thread)
Thanks given by:
Cheers adam, i will try an do it soon, the bottom bit of the interior i sprayed i messed up on there..
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2014, 06:18 PM)Josh1994 Wrote: Cheers adam, i will try an do it soon, the bottom bit of the interior i sprayed i messed up on there..

Why it looks good on pic.

[Image: DSC_0135_zps315e9e0a.jpg]

This is how mine came out
Thanks given by:
That actually looks quite nice, i got little chips near the stereo where someone before i had the car had tried and to get a stereo out, what can i use to make that in line again?

(01-09-2014, 07:16 PM)Adam-m-h Wrote:
(01-09-2014, 06:18 PM)Josh1994 Wrote: Cheers adam, i will try an do it soon, the bottom bit of the interior i sprayed i messed up on there..

[Image: DSC_0135_zps315e9e0a.jpg]

This is how mine came out
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2014, 08:15 PM)Josh1994 Wrote: That actually looks quite nice, i got little chips near the stereo where someone before i had the car had tried and to get a stereo out, what can i use to make that in line again?

(01-09-2014, 07:16 PM)Adam-m-h Wrote:

I had a few marks I used fine sandpaper and tipex I sanded it first went over the scratch with tipex light sand the edge till it was smooth then primed and painted

Or another option is a fascia surround ebay:290550524210
Paint and fit that
Hope it helps
Thanks given by:
Its like i got to fill in the hole, if you look at the picture above at the left hand side of the stereo you can see the little gaps..
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2014, 09:33 PM)Josh1994 Wrote: Its like i got to fill in the hole, if you look at the picture above at the left hand side of the stereo you can see the little gaps..

How you getting on with this josh?
Thanks given by:
Yesterday i did the rear badge and one of the interior item, i will put pictures up in 2 days as i got called into work at the last minute, also ran out of spray so i will get some more so i can spray some more interior parts.
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
Right, some more pics now, so Thursday I had sprayed the rear badge and surround light, the badge didn't look good as it was peeling away but looks better in black as you can only see when you go close to it, today I sprayed the front light surround and the handle on the roof liner, luckily half the stuff was black anyway so I have a few bits left to do, the radio surround, speedo surround and speedo white neon, leather seats from gti6 and the roof liner I am getting either leather or get a fabric black, after that just engine mods and exhaust system etc remaining. I will show how it came out first and after, by the radio surround at the bottom I messed up there so I am going to get a new one and respray it.

Part 2 pictures..
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2014, 08:13 PM)Josh1994 Wrote: Right, some more pics now, so Thursday I had sprayed the rear badge and surround light, the badge didn't look good as it was peeling away but looks better in black as you can only see when you go close to it, today I sprayed the front light surround and the handle on the roof liner, luckily half the stuff was black anyway so I have a few bits left to do, the radio surround, speedo surround and speedo white neon, leather seats from gti6 and the roof liner I am getting either leather or get a fabric black, after that just engine mods and exhaust system etc remaining. I will show how it came out first and after, by the radio surround at the bottom I messed up there so I am going to get a new one and respray it.

Part 2 pictures..

Looking good josh like the badge, light surrounds are good too
Thanks given by:
cheers Adam, the only bit I don't like is the last picture, that definitely came out wrong.
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
Yeah looks like the paints root taken in corner the rest looks good. IMO you've done a good job
Thanks given by:
Thanks mate, what dose IMO mean? lol

(07-09-2014, 08:53 PM)Adam-m-h Wrote: Yeah looks like the paints root taken in corner the rest looks good. IMO you've done a good job
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2014, 09:05 PM)Josh1994 Wrote: Thanks mate, what dose IMO mean? lol

(07-09-2014, 08:53 PM)Adam-m-h Wrote: Yeah looks like the paints root taken in corner the rest looks good. IMO you've done a good job
In my opinion = imo
It's shorter lol
Thanks given by:
lol cheers, learnt a new word today haha..
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2014, 09:27 PM)Josh1994 Wrote: lol cheers, learnt a new word today haha..

Keep your eye out in posts theres a few shortened phrases
Thanks given by:
Will do mate..

(08-09-2014, 07:12 AM)Adam-m-h Wrote:
(07-09-2014, 09:27 PM)Josh1994 Wrote: lol cheers, learnt a new word today haha..

Keep your eye out in posts theres a few shortened phrases
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chris_90 D turbo SLOW sleeper Project. Looks like im keeping her :) Chris_90 227 80,017 05-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Chris_90
  My low and slow chequred beast Dan 10 4,478 30-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Dan