Unknown Bodge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unknown Bodge
How do!
So i was having a route around under the bonnet yesterday and found this?
up on the drivers side next to the bonnet hinge..

Does anyone know what this could be?

looks like a faulty pin but what is the connector for?

[Image: 1623750_10152613113497193_5155759601635718525_n.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That plug is for the wiper motor, haven't seen any with damaged wiring though!
Thanks given by:
Just looks like they have bypassed the connector. Should be fine. The correct fixx would be buy a new connector and solder in but that should be ok. Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
ahh cool cheers guys! neither of you happen to know the best method of testing my cooling fans are? having a browse around the forum i found something to do with bridging pins 1&3 on a Blue connector in the drivers wing but i can't find a blue connector?
Thanks given by:
That's because its a brown connector. Wink

You can however, unplug the blue coolant temp sensor on the stat housing which will make the fans run permanently.
Thanks given by:
I usually start testing them by running engine up to temp. Chexk stats open. (hold top hose untill warm) keep an eye on temprature then the fans should kick in. If not bridge the pins to see if fans work. If they do its your temp sensor on rad. About 10 quid Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Theres no temp sensor on the rad if its a HDi... It's the blue one on the stat housing, unplugging it will bring them on instantly as a fail safe. The brown plug that you can bridge to turn into the AC button fan switch is on the AC pressure sensor by the screenwash filler neck. Smile
Thanks given by:
Brilliant cheers guys!, ive started browsing on the forum every day now! becoming a habit i just need the time to get on with my HDI! soon coming is a rear axle...
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2014, 01:33 PM)Mitch1793 Wrote: ive started browsing on the forum every day now! becoming a habit

Welcome to OC!! I too have that problem, along with most other members...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yup, thats where it all starts! One little problem, then you realise how helpful this place can be, THEN you realise that we're a forum full of the most diverse people going, and that we're all awesome in our own little ways. lol

Oh, and welcome along anyway. Big Grin

As a bit of a thread hijack, I'm pretty sure the fans on my estate are fubared, tried the AC switch mod and it didnt do anything, forgot to try the temp sensor, and the relays LOOK fine, any other suggestions to get the stupid things working?
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Agree'd, OC take over your life eventually! Confused

Also, Steve, you could remove the round fan plug on the NS chassis leg and check if its green and shitty inside lol.
Thanks given by:
Didnt realise it was a hdi sorry.
(13-07-2014, 03:53 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Yup, thats where it all starts! One little problem, then you realise how helpful this place can be, THEN you realise that we're a forum full of the most diverse people going, and that we're all awesome in our own little ways. lol

Oh, and welcome along anyway. Big Grin

As a bit of a thread hijack, I'm pretty sure the fans on my estate are fubared, tried the AC switch mod and it didnt do anything, forgot to try the temp sensor, and the relays LOOK fine, any other suggestions to get the stupid things working?

I got sucked into this place pretty quick although I work in the trade. Guys n gals are great friendly people on the whole. Smile
Thanks given by:
Good shout Tom, ill have a look at that in a bit. Cba to do anything right at this precise moment, having a few quiet minutes to myself after dropping the kids home. Wink
Thanks given by:
I just quickly whipped the air intake pipe off to get to the temp sensor connector, took it off and they ran perfectly. Even with the slight buckle in them from an argument with a bush it seems to have had in its past.

The confusing thing with it is that i was rambling around snowdonia in it the other day on a little drive out with the work lot and it hit 110C said stop but no sign of the fans kicking in, is it more likely to be the stat or the sensor?

Again a brilliant forum!
A second welcome! Wow!
Thanks given by:
Personally I'd do both while you're there and gonna lose some coolant, but it seems like the sensor at fault.
Thanks given by:
Ey, well, i can't remember if I welcomed you first time round, so I've done it again to be on the safe side. Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whats this bodge/relay? kentiiboii 14 2,824 14-07-2014, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  Temp Fix Of A Bodge (Blower Motor) Jenkosowls 12 3,678 19-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Last Post: James