Is it deed?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it deed?
Went to Sheffield yesterday, anyone who's been will know is quite hilly especially from wigan (A57).

Gets there and at one point the car gets to 110degC. We dropped our daughter off at uni and went for summit to eat in a pub, at that point I could smell the engine was cooking. About 1.5hrs later we left after I topped the water up, it jumped reet back up to 110 after 10 mins so I pulled over and opened the bonnet to find summit behind the engine had split shatting it's coolant all over the place.

Question is, will the HG be fubared. I did refill the rad and turn engine over to see the water shoot out the rad about 6 inches.
Thanks given by:
You sure it's something behind the engine and not a cracked block?

Does sound like theres major issues either way tbh! Confused Havent you finished that 205 HDi yet? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Not sure yet, will be going out too have a closer look soon. It still starts with a big cloud of grey smoke :?

205 is nearly finished but no MOT or tax or insurance so would cost a fair whack to get it on road.
Thanks given by:
Hmm, grey smoke could well be a bit of coal mixed with steam from water in the cylinders... Confused

Only sure fire way to test the HG will be a sniff test on the coolant tbh. Though obviously you need to find where it's leaking from first!

Shame about the 205 though.
Thanks given by:
Bummer, work is an 80 mile round trip too. Yeah tis a shame the 205 can't be used cos there's nowt wrong with it except the official documents lol Smile
Thanks given by:
Sounds like pressure could have made the hose split or come off the matrix. Sounds like it could be cooked get the hose sorted again and you could be lucky. Main thing is to find out the cause of it tho, brittle hoses/ bad matrix connection? Or just pure pressure from a blown HG. Get it plumbed up and sniff tested.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Had a look before and the coolant system pressurised instantly, think the HG has deffo failed Sad
Thanks given by:
replace it head skim job jobbed.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
need to find the cause first.

It could easy be the bottom rad pipe that goes into the back of the engine.

Its possible you've done damage but i'd try and find the cause of the leak first and then see how she runs after that.
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
How quick does it pressurize once you've sealed the pipe?

If the answer is fast, 100% head gasket. The loss of water will simply be it over-pressurising and splitting the hose before releasing the radiator cap from air being pushed in the water's place.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Matrix pipes have a tendency to get lose and sit on the exhaust mani!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The old gal won't start anymore and pressurises the system instantly. I am almost certain the HG has gone now. It's a shame as I need a car asap so don't have time to fix it.
Thanks given by:
Why'd you let it get to 110 deg in the first place then??
Thanks given by: