Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New car Saturday! (if its all okay)
[attachment=17508]
[attachment=17509]
[attachment=17510]
[attachment=17511]
[attachment=17512]

Going up this Saturday to view this beauty Big Grin its a 1.9 DTurbo so guessing its an XUD? i wanted a HDi but I've fallen for this Smile so i hope these engines are good? it has tinted windows and is already lowered and i think it looks stunning.

only bad points to what he was saying is the fans constantly stayed on so he removed the relays and he says he's never had an issue because he did mostly motorway trips so it never got too hot. And the clutch slips a little but only when driven hard.

I'm really wanting to buy this so if i do i will have it for puffiest because I'm going up in the morning to view it Smile so could roll up in this Wink its only up for £650! he now has a work van so can't afford to run it.

Is there anything i should particularly look out whilst viewing? any help is welcome

thanks guys Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Ooooo 3 door fwend lol. Looks smart!
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2014, 06:40 PM)Sian Wrote: Ooooo 3 door fwend lol. Looks smart!

haha yeah i thought id go 3dr looks soo much nicer, you may see it at Pugfest if all goes well Wink
Thanks given by:
Is that a 205 gti steering wheel?
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2014, 06:44 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Is that a 205 gti steering wheel?

yeah not sure if i like it, if i do buy it i may change it depending on how it feels
Thanks given by:
Keep it, that's awesome!
Thanks given by:
1. Front window tints are illegal, just fyi.
2. Engines are good, yes its an xud. Less refined than the hdi, no computer nonsence to deal with, good ill spanners and hammers.
3. Looks pretty good, nothing jumping out so far.
4. Give it a thorough going over, check play in any sus components, noises, rattles. Theres bound to be some but im sure you will notice anything major.
5. What t&t?

Im sure someone else will tell you more precicely what to look out for. Should be a guide for it really.

Hopefully its a good one.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2014, 06:57 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Keep it, that's awesome!

I'll keep it then Big Grin

(10-07-2014, 07:03 PM)Slam Wagon Wrote: 1. Front window tints are illegal, just fyi.
2. Engines are good, yes its an xud. Less refined than the hdi, no computer nonsence to deal with, good ill spanners and hammers.
3. Looks pretty good, nothing jumping out so far.
4. Give it a thorough going over, check play in any sus components, noises, rattles. Theres bound to be some but im sure you will notice anything major.
5. What t&t?

Im sure someone else will tell you more precicely what to look out for. Should be a guide for it really.

Hopefully its a good one.

Thanks mate that's a great help I think he said it had an advisory for track rod end and roll bar bush but these are easy to replace? And MOT till 1st September 2014 and tax till 31 September 2014. So still got a bit left Smile
Thanks given by:
Not done either, roll bar bushes are bit fidly but not hard. Tre's i think theres a guide. Youll be able to do it.
Thanks given by:
Check the beam condition too. Pay attention to any noises on a test drive, making sure you take it on normal roads and speedbumps, uneven bits to hear any rattles.

Also make sure the temp doesn't go too high, these should sit between 80-85 (Or just under like mine likes to even with a new stat Censored )
Thanks given by:
Airbag bulb has probably been removed so it'll fail it's MOT, looks nice but personally think Toms HDI is a much better buy, this will need a new clutch in a few months max..
Thanks given by:
Also, just na fyi, tax is £230 a year on these. I know you're used to the 1.4 which is a lot less.
Thanks given by:
Oh and you might want to ring pugfest tomorrpw, as stand passes have your reg on, explain you will be bringing one of two cars and judt want to make sure whichever one you bring will be able to get on stand.
Thanks given by:
Also, move the air filter, it's f*cking useless there.
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2014, 07:21 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Airbag bulb has probably been removed so it'll fail it's MOT, looks nice but personally think Toms HDI is a much better buy, this will need a new clutch in a few months max..

I would buy Toms but he doesn't know when he can get his new car and I don't want to drive my car with the dodgy gearbox. And how do people get through insurance when they have an omp wheel or GTI wheel then?

(10-07-2014, 07:21 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Also, just na fyi, tax is £230 a year on these. I know you're used to the 1.4 which is a lot less.

That's good to know Smile at least I have time to save, just got a new job so money is a lot better now Smile

(10-07-2014, 07:22 PM)Slam Wagon Wrote: Oh and you might want to ring pugfest tomorrpw, as stand passes have your reg on, explain you will be bringing one of two cars and judt want to make sure whichever one you bring will be able to get on stand.

Good point! I'll give them a call tomorrow Smile thanks mate
Thanks given by:
I have the wheel from my old car so I just change it over for MOT.
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2014, 08:16 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: I have the wheel from my old car so I just change it over for MOT.

Smart move Smile I may have to get a new airbag so I can put my old wheel on for mot
Thanks given by:
Get friendly with an mot tester haha.
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2014, 08:24 PM)Slam Wagon Wrote: Get friendly with an mot tester haha.

Yeah I'll have to speak to a tester before and see what he says
Thanks given by:
Looks very tidy that. Shame its got the wrong fuel pump.

I hope you enjoy her.
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2014, 09:55 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Looks very tidy that. Shame its got the wrong fuel pump.

I hope you enjoy her.

I'll Bosch it Wink know idea what I'll need to convert it but I'll learn Smile
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2014, 07:20 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Check the beam condition too. Pay attention to any noises on a test drive, making sure you take it on normal roads and speedbumps, uneven bits to hear any rattles.

Also make sure the temp doesn't go too high, these should sit between 80-85 (Or just under like mine likes to even with a new stat Censored )

Maybe the gauge doesn't read that accurately anymore given that it is 15 years old, give or take some years, so if it under-reads by a bit it might just be the correct temperature. You could replace the sender to the gauge and see if that helps.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2014, 10:39 PM)RetroPug Wrote:
(10-07-2014, 07:20 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Check the beam condition too. Pay attention to any noises on a test drive, making sure you take it on normal roads and speedbumps, uneven bits to hear any rattles.

Maybe the gauge doesn't read that accurately anymore given that it is 15 years old, give or take some years, so if it under-reads by a bit it might just be the correct temperature. You could replace the sender to the gauge and see if that helps.

Not sure, I mean it reads higher since I changed the stat but still not the 83-ish it could be at. Maybe I'll change the sensor soon, would be nice to have working engine fans.
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2014, 10:45 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote:
(10-07-2014, 10:39 PM)RetroPug Wrote:

Not sure, I mean it reads higher since I changed the stat but still not the 83-ish it could be at. Maybe I'll change the sensor soon, would be nice to have working engine fans.

The guy said the fans stayed on constantly so he removed the relay. Is there anyway I can fix the fans so they come on at the right time?
Thanks given by:
Looks pretty good Smile. Although, with a slipping clutch and short T&T you have good opportunity to get some money off...

For a conversion you just need a Bosch, lines and injectors. Make sure the pump has a woodruff key. Change the cambelt while you're there, silly not to. Nice and easy to do!
Thanks given by:
Check for symptoms of a blown head.. As he has had the fan relays out so no fans, an it has been fair warm recently..
He says he never run it hot.. but he could just be bending the truth a little.
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2014, 07:35 AM)Mike Wrote: Check for symptoms of a blown head.. As he has had the fan relays out so no fans, an it has been fair warm recently..

Good idea Smile so what are the main symptoms?
Thanks given by:
I think £650 sounds a lot considering it effectively needs a new clutch. To any other member of the public that's a good £250 (parts+labour).

Also the fans will want sorting fairly pronto.

These things cook after a few hard pulls.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2014, 07:41 AM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(11-07-2014, 07:35 AM)Mike Wrote: Check for symptoms of a blown head.. As he has had the fan relays out so no fans, an it has been fair warm recently..

Good idea Smile so what are the main symptoms?

Mayo substance on the header cap.. Same on the dip stick.. Car using water... Theres more but im still half asleep and cant think at the min lol (:
Im sure other people on here will enlighten you more before i wake up haha!
Thanks given by:
650 is a bit rich tbh, id want it alot cheaper, but then im tight...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Look what ive gone and done! hes coming home saturday :D underground375 20 4,516 06-04-2014, 10:14 PM
Last Post: kentiiboii
  wow its friday..!!!! umm saturday or is that thursday cully 8 1,985 19-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Last Post: ginge191