Loss of handbrake and braking feel last faint

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loss of handbrake and braking feel last faint
Hi,

I have just had a problem with the handbrake and brakes feeling faint..

I pulled up at the side of the road and there was quite a loud clunk which I am unsure where exactly it came from...

Now , the handbrake lever can be pulled up with barely effort at all and I can also drive with the handbrake fully up and it won't hold the car back..

I just had a quick look to see if anything had snapped and it isn't broke near the drum or anything and the brake lines are all intact...

Has the cable came off in the drum or on the lever or something like that ? And I don't know if it's just me but it now feels as though I have lost some of my braking power..

Any opinions would be great

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Certainly sounds like youve snapped something. Pop the trim off round the lever first. Then get the back end in the air and start stripping (the car not you).
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you've snapped a cable tbh, they can snap inside the outer sheath or in the drum so not usually visible. It shouldn't alter your foot brake though as the shoe should still be in the same place. Best idea is to take drum off and check tbh (you've got to for the cable anyway).
Thanks given by:
Cheers lads will probably crack on with it on the weekend
Thanks given by:
Will have broken a handbrake cable, and brakes will feel different / crap because someone has "adjusted" the rear brakes the pikey way by just tightening up the cable at the handbrake end, rather than adjusting the shoes correctly.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rumble/shake/squeaky nois and feel - 306 Hdi V reg. MattDanPug 15 3,335 21-03-2017, 07:20 PM
Last Post: MattDanPug
  Braking on and off MY95 20 3,053 19-03-2015, 10:20 PM
Last Post: MY95
  Doesn't feel right, almost died declantg 24 5,137 13-05-2013, 02:22 PM
Last Post: puglove