GI/WIW 99 Diablo XSI Track prepped car.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GI/WIW 99 Diablo XSI Track prepped car.
G.I/W.I.W on this. A change of circumstances at home/work see me needing a more reliable and 'sensible' car. I'm in no rush to sell, heck, i would love to keep it. I know I would get more form dismantling it, but i don't have the time or space at the moment. If noting comes of it, I will store it off the road and keep it as a SORN'd track day car.

She's a '99 S Reg Diablo XSI.
Just put 6 months tax on it
MOT expires end of January '15. No advisories at all on previous MOT. Sailed through.

It has recently been stripped back and undersealed underneath. There is no rust at all.

Spec is as follows.

Engine:

-Hydraulic Clutch Conversion
-EPAS fitted
-Scorpion exhaust
-Cone air filter
-Upper engine mount chocked with welded in inserts
-Billet aluminium lower engine mount
-BBM ball socket adjustable gear linkages
-GTI 6 Exhaust manifold and downpipe, heatwrapped manifold
-Mocal 13 row oil cooler

Interior:

-Interior removed and track-day prepped
-Cobra monaco leather bucket seats x2 with custom welded mounts
-TRS harnesses
-Custom harness bar
-Switch panel and gauges on stripped out dash
-Relocated battery to rear
-Relocated washer bottle to rear
-Panoramic ‘Wink’ Mirror fitted
-Plumb in fire extinguisher fitted
-BBM Quick shift fitted, with extended shaft
-Custom Passenger foot plate fitted

Suspension:
-BBM Camber adjustable top mounts
-Suspension turret holes enlarged for additional camber
-Ripp lower strut brace
-Seam welded sub-frame
-Custom welded in upper strut brace
-Rose Jointed drop links
-Fully re-bushed front suspension
-G-Maxx coilovers

External:

-Lowered 50mm all round on coil overs
-20mm hubcentric spacers
-Golf Mk3 arches
-Renault Espace lower splitter
-Aero catched bonnet
-Aero Catched front bumper
-Carbon effect bonnet
-De wipered tailgate
-Sunroof removed and blanked
-Ph3 bodykit fitted
-Rallye Blanks fitted
-Underside and arches fully stripped back and undersealed
-Smoked side repeaters
-Mist Jets

I also have a brand new set of adjustable top mounts that would be included in the sale, for the right price, along with a spare modal cooler and seam welded sub frame.

Bad Points:

There is the usual lacquer peel associated with diablo 306's. The main area is next to the roof at the top of the rear quarters.

Boot lock needs wiring in.

That is all Smile

[Image: 00E557BF-F542-4D81-B262-72DB99758861_zpsgvf5wrrc.jpg]

[Image: 6BDCBF84-1EFE-48AD-9223-43017DE8AD50_zps8yyentx7.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3707_zpscf00db2c.jpg]

What do you guys think?

Thanks
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
£1000 tops I'd probably say. If it were a GTI it would bump it up a fair bit but the XSI isn't a very saught after car.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
I thought the battery had to be in a box for mot reasons and to stop acid from leaking if in an accident (wouldnt want to be splashed with battery acid) like what they use in camper vans etc??

Apart from that its very nice and would of been tempted to make an offer but bought something else as i needed a car desperately at the time Sad
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2014, 01:35 PM)nath86 Wrote: I thought the battery had to be in a box for mot reasons and to stop acid from leaking if in an accident (wouldnt want to be splashed with battery acid) like what they use in camper vans etc??

Apart from that its very nice and would of been tempted to make an offer but bought something else as i needed a car desperately at the time Sad

I have always thought this too that it has to be in a sealed box with ventilation to the outside... Not sure if its general rules or if its race car rules...
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2014, 04:23 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(15-07-2014, 01:35 PM)nath86 Wrote: I thought the battery had to be in a box for mot reasons and to stop acid from leaking if in an accident (wouldnt want to be splashed with battery acid) like what they use in camper vans etc??

I have always thought this too that it has to be in a sealed box with ventilation to the outside... Not sure if its general rules or if its race car rules...

They are sealed cells. They are not the same as your normal car battery. Being exposed as they are is fine however really they shouldn't be used for a car as they aren't designed for deep cycle. They have however, stood up to the job spot on!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I think you would really struggle to sell it atall due to the engine, Just keep it and dump a 6 init ready for next year!!! If not sell me the seats & brace Tongue

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(15-07-2014, 06:05 PM)puglove Wrote: I think you would really struggle to sell it atall due to the engine, Just keep it and dump a 6 init ready for next year!!! If not sell me the seats & brace Tongue

Pretty much this mate. Even if you put a 6 engine in it then its not standard. You only have to look at some of the track prepped 6s on ebay and see how little they go for :/
Thanks given by:
As Niall said, batteries are sealed cell so fine.

Im not expecting the earth for it, due to the nature of whats been done to it.

It will obviously fetch more being broken for parts, sadly.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by: