New career!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New career!
So, tomorrow marks the start of a new career for me!

I'm joining the Royal Navy as a submariner marine engineer. This has all come about to fast and I cannot believe I'm about to start phase 1 tomorrow.

I'm genuinely really excited, but nervous as hell!

Beats my old job in retail massively though.

I guess the main point of this post is if anyone has done the same or can offer some advice for me, it'd really help Smile
Thanks given by:
Congrats dude, but no, ive not done anything like that, nor can i offer advice....but good on you though! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well done, I did the same with the Army many years ago, training is hard but I enjoyed it :-) Only advice I can offer is stick at it even when things get really tough. All about team work.
Thanks given by:
I haven't got any advice to offer at all but well done and all the best for it! Enjoy it!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Quite a few people have said phase 1 is really hard and to just keep your head down, but on the contrast people have said it's a good laugh and nowhere near as bad as everyone makes out, I guess I'll work that one out for myself.

/shittingbricks.
Thanks given by:
My uncle was a submariner and loved it by all accounts. Yes, there are bound to be tough times going through training but once you're done it should be great.

All the best.
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2014, 11:01 AM)callumcull Wrote: Quite a few people have said phase 1 is really hard and to just keep your head down, but on the contrast people have said it's a good laugh and nowhere near as bad as everyone makes out, I guess I'll work that one out for myself.

/shittingbricks.

It's all perceptive though Callum...for example, what I might find really difficult, you might find a good laugh! No point worrying about what it might be like from other peoples experiences - wait till you're there and make your own decision. Good luck. Smile
Thanks given by:
My friend wen't into the navy as a aircraft engineer. He absolutely loves it but is hardly home.
Thanks given by:
Good luck to you. I almost joined the army as a mechanic but decided against applying in the end. I can see the appeal. Go for it and im sure you wont have any regrets
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Good luck! Always do what makes you happy!
Thanks given by:
Phase 1 isnt hard, itll be good fun! Enjoy it and get used to the sight of naked men.
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Good luck mate
Thanks given by:
My friend is a submariner, hes on almost 3 grand a month Sad Spends alot of time away from home though...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Career opportunities bashbarnard 26 5,531 02-05-2015, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  New career - Advice/opinions wanted Poodle 8 1,619 12-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Niall