Loss of Boost/Power

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loss of Boost/Power
Hi All,
Recently i noticed my car wasn't boosting as it should and doesn't feel as quick
its got a 9mm bosch, no gov/ground lda + TD04 turbo.. It used to boost just over 2bar

But recently its only been able to get to 1.4/5 bar

Inbetween this i have messed around with the fuel pump but no matter what i do, i cant seem to get it over 1.5bar.. im sure ive made a total mess of the pump now.. so im gona put it back to as standard as possible tonight and start again..

But im just wondering if any of use know any other problems what could cause this?

Ive checked for boost leaks and im 100% sure there isn't any..

so other than the pump just being setup totally wrong.. i cant think of anything else what could be wrong.. unless the turbos slowly dieing?

Thanks in advance for all the help
Mike
Thanks given by:
Worth a mention the turbo has a welded wastegate

Thanks given by:
And that ^^ cheers (:
Thanks given by:
Have you checked for boost leaks? Are you sure your wastegate is still welded/sealed? Whats going on smoke wise out the zorst on full chat?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Is it smoking out the back compared to when it was boosting 2 bar? If yes, you have a boost leak/manifold leak. If no smoke then you have a pump issue
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hi, thanks for replying! on full chat it was smoking like crazy.. thats what made me think i aint 100% on no boost leak..
ended up being a boost leak.. in a place i never looked.. feel a right lady garden for not checking haha!

But thanks again for replying!
Mike
Thanks given by:
Well come on where was it? lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
the pressure hose had fallen off the turbo =D
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
The end of a mikalor clamp had worn away the rubber pipe what was under it lol.. But i just fitted a new one and its still not boosting correct -.- so it ain't fixed haha

Also to the post above about the wastegate.. That's definitely still closed.. And to the smoking question.. It smokes like mad on boost, gets to 1.4bar and i look behind me and its just black lol...
Thanks given by:
Coaling is either to much fuel or not enough air, so id say its still leaking somewhere.... Unless whilst playing with the fuel your now running more fuel than you were? But actually with a welded gate it should just keep boosting Undecided
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yea that's what i thought mate.. There much be another leak somewhere ): but cant do anything at the minute as its pooring down here
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Loss of power Nathan1305 14 3,554 22-09-2014, 07:44 PM
Last Post: kentiiboii
  Black smoke & loss of power TheKeymeister 16 4,629 06-04-2014, 10:08 AM
Last Post: TheKeymeister
  Turbo loss of power adamm306 25 3,526 11-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Dicky