XUD9TE immobiliser on fuel pump?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XUD9TE immobiliser on fuel pump?
A friend of mine just had a look at my engine (out of an L reg 405 GLDT)and asked whether the car it came out of had an keypad immobiliser fitted warning me that it would be a problem when I drop it in my 405nad as the bosch pump may be affected? I didnt see the donor car!
Is there a way of telling? and de activating this if it turns out to be a problem?
Thanks given by:
No problem, you literally run a 12v wire "somewhere" and thats it, no more immobiliser.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
As Tom say run a switched live to the stop solenoid on the pump and it will be fine
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
even better if you can get this switched solonoid onto the ignition live so it only comes on when the ignition is on..

however i left mine in as i wanted the added little bit of security.. would take someone 2 seconds with a little knowhow to bypass it tho.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Switched live = ignition live. Same thing, atleast in this instance im confident thats what Danny meant Big Grin
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Anyone got a guide on how to do this??
Thanks given by:
no i dont think so.. not the sort of thing you really want to advertise to be honest.

it is pretty simple tho,

you can bodge it with a scotch block or do it properly with some spade or bullet connectors, and attach an ignition live to the solonoid on top of hte pump if you dont have the shroud,

there should be an ignition live on the wiper motor, as well as going to the glow plug relay
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
just remember some of these have a cover over the end of the pump that has the imobilsor black box inside that has to be removed first really this also allows to get to the max fuel screw too if i remember correctly these covers are held on by snap headed bolts that need to be removed first. i have done this and removed the armour cover completly on mine took about 1 hour with limited tools at the time.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,492 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby
  Cold start issue- fuel pump? Blaze Addict 3 1,813 20-01-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Martin306
  Is immobiliser coded to fuel pump? Huddo 2 1,531 07-12-2018, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Ruan